We always prefer to stay in privately owned hotels as you nearly always get better personal service. This was definitely the case here. We booked for B/B and Evening Dinner and it certainly surpassed our expectations. We could not fault the food. It was so nice to be served individually even for breakfast rather than buffet style which many of the chains of hotels provide. The hotel has great character and warmth. It was just the place to go with its welcoming log fires. A sign of a good hotel is retaining its staff. Many of the staff here had worked for the owner's for many years and spoke highly of them. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We stayed in a four poster bedded room. It was extremely comfortable. We shall definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds