A couple of nights here took me back to the 1950s when I used to stay in such hotels as a child with my parents. It is individual, not part of a chain and takes care to provide for the fairly old clientèle who frequent it. The position is next to the Fosse Way, a very busy road but the hotel is screened by the detached block in which some rooms (including ours) was situated, as we had booked late. It is only the bathrooms that face the road. The gardens of the hotel are simply lovely and very well kept. The décor is "olde worlde" with patterned carpets, prints of English watercolours and beams (some of which are real). The staff were all pleasant and helpful. The rooms are well kept and clean, but the plastic flowers should have been thrown away many years ago - who likes or uses these awful things now?. Breakfasts are served in a very good dining room and are varied and sustaining - nothing is too much trouble. We only ate dinner there one night but the lemon sole was excellent and memorable. This is not a cheap hotel but it is a good business that deserves to succeed as it really cares about what it does. We would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds