Absolutely beautiful. Bed was comfortable, plenty of hot water. Small bathroom but usual for Europe. The Lodge is just gorgeous--both common and private rooms. Only complaint was that I could smell the cooking from restaurant in my room (and it wasn't all that agreeable). Staff (especially Shirley) was very helpful. Everyone was polite, friendly, nice. Left a birthday card for my husband in room--nice touch. Bar meal (lasagna) was one of the best. Had dinner in the main dining room as well and it was good. Breakfast that is included in price is substantial as is usual in UK. The town itself is cute and lots of good antique stores. The Queens Head pub next door was great for lunch--best bangers & mash I've had in a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds