We've just got back from a three night Easter break, in this gorgeous place and I miss it already. The hotel itself is very traditional in style and so warm and cosy. Every where in the hotel is spotlessly clean and all the staff were extremely friendly and the service was excellent. The lounge area was a particular favourite of mine, as it was a lovely place to chill out, after a busy day sightseeing, with a glass of something nice in front of the real fire.
After visiting all of the 'must go to' Cotswold villages and towns, we actually think Stow on the Wold itself was one of the loveliest and the fact that all the shops were open all through the Easter holiday was a bonus. Most of the other towns and villages were closed Easter Sunday, apart from Bourton on the Water.
Unfortunately, we never got a chance to eat dinner in the restuarant (as there were some amazing restaurants in the village we wanted to try) but breakfast was excellent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds