All reviews residents lounge this family run hotel church bells coach house comfortable leather town square real fire log fire four poster lovely grounds the main square olde worlde old world charm no lift two nights for sunday lunch excellent hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We did not stay at the Stow Lodge but ate in the bar on Sunday evening. It was very relaxed and calm and the staff were extremely friendly, even reserving my dad the last piece of Bakewell Tart for pudding (with extra custard!). The food was freshly cooked, and very tasty. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank MCornell
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I visited Stow during the week of the Gypsy Fair, staying in a nearby B&B. The owner recommended the Stow Lodge Hotel for dinner, as they accept non-residents, and some of the other village restaurants are closed during this period.

The food was wonderful, very old-English style. As a 57 year old woman traveling alone, it can sometimes be uncomfortable having dinner alone, but the staff made me feel very welcome. The first night I chose a table near the window overlooking the church steeple, where I watched the swifts flying around until dusk.

The next night I returned and the staff were holding my same table for me. That night, there were two things on the menu that I really wanted, so I asked the staff about it. My waitress asked the chef, who said he'd get salmon in for me the next day as well, which I was able to enjoy the next night, even though it wasn't on the menu.

Terrific food, good portions, very pleasant and friendly staff. What more can you ask for? I may have been the youngest person there by a good 10 years, so if you're looking for trendy, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Nank4
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Very nice hotel in a fantastic location. if I had to find fault it would be that the shower in my room (10) was not fit for purpose, the pressure... well there wasn't any to speak of. Very good value for money. Good food, good wine and I would return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cliff_7
Reviewed 23 June 2009

My family with two teenage children loved the hotel and the cute little village. We stayed in the Carriage House in the back within 3 charming rooms. The staff accomodated our family by providing an additional 3rd room at no charge (1 queen room, w/ wife; 1 double bedroom for daughther; 1 single bedroom for son). Very tasty food in the pub and a nice ale from Hook Norton. The full breakfast was very nice and the staff was always aiming to please. Easily accessible to the other small villages within the Cotswold's. Hat's off to the gardener... beautifully manicured gardens on the grounds. We particularly enjoyed relaxing with a good book in the recreation/book room. Definitely recommend as a romantic getaway in the english countryside

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 2 March 2009

It''s so nice to stay in a hotel where the staff are very friendly, service is great and they all look like they enjoy working there.
It's in a great location in the town centre with excellent parking.
Rooms are very clean and spacious, but have a cosy feel.
Lovely open fire with nice comfy sofas.
we also found it great value for money

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple