We have stayed at the Stow Lodge 28 times in our trips to the UK since 1980. Our first stay we were hosted by the grandparents of the current owners, in subsequent years, the parents, and for the past number of years the present generation of managers.
For us it is like coming home. With a family base in South Wales, our trips to the Cotswolds have always been a pleasure, and get away, as part of an overall trip. We have stayed in time shares, rented cottages and other hotels in different villages. But we always try to at least have a meal at Stow Lodge, just to greet the friendly staff headed by Chris, and have a great meal prepared by Steve.
We have shared this treat with many friends over the years...at least 7 other couples. We have sent to this little gem during their visits and they too have enjoyed the quiet, well managed, good service of this great little hotel.
I travel a great deal, on business, in my life in the US. I stay at large hotels and really enjoy this comfortable and friendly family run hotel as a break from the large hotel scene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds