All reviewsresidents loungechurch bellsthis family run hotelcoach housecomfortable leathertown squarereal firelog firefour posterno liftan excellent hotellovely groundsthe main squareolde worldeold world charmtwo nightsthe main hotel
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Stayed in room 5. Rooms are small but clean and well maintained. Bed was very soft (old?) Breakfast was OK. Staff were great. The property, building and location are great but rooms make it an average place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at the hotel during a visit to Stow. The food here is delicious. I had the steak pie with a puff pastry top, and my wife had the vegetarian stew, all extremely well cooked and very tasty all served in a very relaxing atmosphere in the bar restaurant. We preceded the lunch with coffee in the lounge, in front of an open fire having settled into a comfortable leather armchairs. This is a lovely family owned hotel set in beautiful gardens, colourful even at this time of the year, and I would imagine, is very popular with overseas visitors as it offers a feel of genuine English history. We will return on our next visit to Stow.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

from check in to check out our stay at Stow Lodge was perfect. Room was clean, bathroom clean, we had a double overlooking the churchyard and loved the bells chiming on the hour ( didn't wake us during the night) , the hotel smelt lovely all the time, no cooking smells. All the staff were friendly and cheerful, clearly happy in their work and happy to help. We paid dinner bed and breakfast and every meal was lovely, really can't find fault with anything, the menu is changed every day, for bar and restaurant, all the food is of excellant quality. we weren't sure when we booked if we should've paid for dinner but it was honestly the right decision. Breakfast is great, good choices, portions excellant...... so good no need for lunch!!!!! It's not a hoofy foofy hotel, but that's not what we wanted..... Stow Lodge provided everything we wanted/needed, couldn't have asked for more. I must add that the integrity of the staff is faultless. I left a piece of jewellery behind on Tuesday and it was delivered back to me by lunchtime today, (Wednesday) special delivery, it was of incredible sentimental value to me so for that alone Stow Lodge deserves five stars!!! Stow on the Wold is a delightful town, if you're looking to stay in a beautiful Engish Town, this is the place for you, there are many other hotels around the town square, all lovely, I'm sure, but Stow Lodge is the hotel we will be returning to. A big bonus is ample free parking at the hotel. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable, we will be returning and will recommend you to all our friends. the only downside is our stay was too short.

Room Tip: first floor overlooking the churchyard
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Location was perfect for walking around the town and hiking the Cotswolds. Plenty of good restaurants close by. Breakfast was great and included in price. The room was small, but quaint and comfortable. Staff was great. We would go back and recommend to friends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We return to this cozy family run hotel every couple of years and love it ! The location is excellent and central in Stow with a large front garden and parking at the back. The guest lounge is very inviting with a real fire in the colder months. The breakfast will set you up for the day. The staff are very loyal and long term. Can't wait to get back !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple