The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$210
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$198
US$169
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$221
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
US$139
The Bell at Stow(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$118
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Cotswold Garden Tearooms & B&B(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Breakfast included
"B"(Stow-on-the-Wold)
The Porch House(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
  • Breakfast included
The White Hart Stow(Stow-on-the-Wold)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsresidents loungechurch bellsthis family run hotelcoach housecomfortable leathertown squarereal firelog fireno liftan excellent hotelthe main squareolde worldelovely groundsold world charmtwo nightsthe main hotelporridge
Reviewed 21 February 2010

First time at the Stow Hotel and it was fantasic great food very friendly staff lovelly and clean right through the hotel could not ask for better

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WalesHowell
Reviewed 5 December 2009

It is a real shame that I have found one negative feedback on here, and I suggest this person comes back for another go. The Stow Lodge is the best restaurant I have ever in my life been to. I have never stayed at the Stow Lodge for a night, but I have given the room rating 3 stars as I have heard good reports, I have also said that I stayed in July 09, but actually the stow lodge has been a regular restaurant for us to visit over the last 4-5 years. when my grandfather was alive he lived in Lower Slaughter which is just 10 minutes away, each time we visited we would have a meal at the Stow Lodge. We were always welcomed like old friends, and would have long chats with Val the owner and Chris and the cheerful bar staff. Even after my grandad passed away we were still welcomed, and even now we still go there when we can. The food is out of this world and the staff will always do their best to make their guests feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. If anyone is in the cotswolds make sure you go to the Stow Lodge for a meal, you won't regret it.

The Mitchell Family

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank nburns2110
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We have stayed at the Stow Lodge 28 times in our trips to the UK since 1980. Our first stay we were hosted by the grandparents of the current owners, in subsequent years, the parents, and for the past number of years the present generation of managers.

For us it is like coming home. With a family base in South Wales, our trips to the Cotswolds have always been a pleasure, and get away, as part of an overall trip. We have stayed in time shares, rented cottages and other hotels in different villages. But we always try to at least have a meal at Stow Lodge, just to greet the friendly staff headed by Chris, and have a great meal prepared by Steve.

We have shared this treat with many friends over the years...at least 7 other couples. We have sent to this little gem during their visits and they too have enjoyed the quiet, well managed, good service of this great little hotel.

I travel a great deal, on business, in my life in the US. I stay at large hotels and really enjoy this comfortable and friendly family run hotel as a break from the large hotel scene.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SMartinIndiana
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I visited this hotel for a weekend getaway from London with my boyfriend and was attracted to this hotel due to the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Whilst this hotel met our expectations in terms of location, cleanliness and the exterior appearance, we were pretty dismayed by the interior and the quality of the food in the restaurant. I hate to write a poor review however as a regular visitor to Tripadvisor, I feel that other potential visitors, as well as the hotel, deserve honest feedback.

The most disappointing aspect was the food - great if you like Iceland (for prawns and cheesecake) and BBQ food (the bread served at the beginning of the meal was ripped out of a 6-pack of baps) and the creme caramel was more like a blancmange (no crispy top to break with your spoon!)...but we paid £25 for 3 courses! The breakfast was much the same: plastic sausages, burnt tomatoes and baked beans that had grown a skin - all for £15!

The interior of the hotel which was clean and functional, had clearly not been updated for a few decades - the flatscreen Samsung TV looked totally out of place amongst the rest of the chintz.

We did have a nice stay, as we tried to be as positive as possible about our trip away and laughed about it all - especially the delayed service due to the 'large table' (of 6 diners) behind us. In the end we left, feeling somewhat ripped off - especially when we've stayed in other hotels/B&Bs in the Cotswolds for less - and been spoiled with gorgeous interior surroundings and delicious homecooked food. In light of this, I honestly cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank katiehouse
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We didn’t stay in the hotel but ate in the restaurant once and in the bar three times in early September whilst on holiday in Stow. The clientele is not so young and this 72 year old and his wife did little to redress the balance!

On one midweek evening both the restaurant and the bar were fully booked. The owners clearly understand their customers and cater very well for their needs. On the menu were old time favourites such as prawn cocktail, whitebait, duck a l’orange and haddock mornay. The food was excellent and the service amongst the best we have experienced. The staff were charming, attentive and very professional.

However, don’t expect cappuccinos or espressos or lattes. Coffee comes only in a cafétière.

We hope to be back.