“Nice coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Nice coffee”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just called in on a quiet Sunday- had the coffee but the food also looked good. Nice atmosphere in the cafe.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank snappy6
Jake A, Owner at The Coffee House Cafe & Bistro, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have used James Gourmet Coffee Co. for 12 years now and it has always been consistently great tasting coffee.
Next time your in Stow do come and try some home cooking.
Kind Regards

Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Heavenly cakes!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Whilst staying in a nearby hotel we dropped in only to have a coffee and cake. These were truly scrumptious. Staff were very welcoming and friendly too.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank pampig
Thank you for your kind words. Next time you are in Stow do come in and have some lunch, also very scrumptious.
Once again
Thank you and I'll pass on your comments to all the staff.
UK
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I often visit the Coffee House when I am at my house in the Cotswolds, and have never yet written a review for it.
It is excellent, for a light snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. The bacon sandwiches are exceptionally tasty, too good to put any sauce on. The coffee, even the decaff is very good indeed,
The owner and his wife are always very pleasant and welcoming, as are the rest of the staff, so service is good even when they are busy.
They do some very nice tarts and cakes, my favourite being the apple and plumb pie, which with cream is gorgeous.
I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank BobTayloruk
Jake A, Owner at The Coffee House Cafe & Bistro, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your lovely review.
I realise who you are from your comments and if I say so myself, the bacon sandwiches are very tasty but I have to limit myself otherwise I would be eating them all the time.
So glad you enjoy the Apple and Plum Pie with cream - hhhmmm another favourite.
Once again thank you and see you soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We popped in a for a coffee.....the smell was devine, and then I saw people eating and quickly asked for a menu and then asked what someone was having and between the menu and what I could see it was a must for brunch. Numerous people came in and all were treated the same and so our experience wasn't a one off. The younger gentleman behind the counter, serving and waiting on was extremely helpful, polite and attentive. With places like this as a bench mark you wonder why other establishments cant follow the lead........its not hard, you just have to care, and grow your staff. Highly Recommended ...and we will be back at Stow on our next visit to the Cotswolds for sure .....we want to stay in Stow and work our way a round the various establishments.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank GaryfromNZ
Hi Gary,
Thank you fer your great review. I have passed on your comments about your waiter, which has pleased me also, as he is new and it's good to hear how he is doing. We pride ourselves on service and good quality home cooked food so it's very pleasing to see it in print.
When your back in Stow do come and visit us again.
Thanks,
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dog friendly”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Nice food and dog friendly which is a plus when weather is poor. Does need better extraction in the kitchen though as gets very smoky when they are cooking.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hi,
Thank you for your review. We have always had a policy that dogs are allowed in when well behaved but that goes for everybody really!!!
Sorry about the extraction system, we have a very small kitchen and have the policy that we keep the door open for the public so they can see what is going on and there are no cutting corners when cooking.
We hope to get a new system in at the end of summer.
I hope this doesn't put you off from coming back and we hope to see you soon.