The Porch House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
View Hotel
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Fosse Manor Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
View Hotel
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
  • Breakfast included
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
View Hotel
All reviewsglass shelfthe puboldest pub in englandlovely old publimited parkingfeature roomeggs benedictroll top bathsuperior roomlovely lunchbar areamain restaurantstreet parkinglambwine listlovely roomattention to detail
Reviewed 3 March 2014

One night stay and a lovely hotel and very cosy we also ate in the bar and had breakfast had a great time would recommend if you are looking to stay in this area staff also all very helpful maybe just a bit pricey

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dom A
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, eating in the restaurant for one night.

The staff are very friendly and our meal arrived at lightening speed. The food was delicious.

The only cons: we could hear next door's tv very loudly for much of the evening. The sticky toffee pudding wasn't the best I have ever had - a bit dry and not enough sauce to moisten it.

Unfortunately they had also run out of coffee pods, but the staff brought us a coffee to our room instead, which was very kind.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Popped to Stow for abit of shopping with my daughter thought we'd have a quick sandwich . The food was lovely and tasty I had a chicken Stilton and apple sandwich comes with skin on chips yum yum we also shared a scotch egg to die for. Next time we will make more time to enjoy the surroundings. Very nice loo's . Great smiley helpful staff :)

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Noohnooh
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We booked this hotel direct a few weeks before hand. We checked in at 3pm,the key was given about 35 mins later, shown to room, left at door, so we found out about the fixtures ourselves. Very small but well appointed room, the bathroom was spotless with a nice shower but the sink was tiny, could not use to wash in as a glass shelf was directly over,also two hands could not fit in the sink!
With a few hours to spare until supper we settled down to relax and watch some TV. But no remote! we rang downstairs and after a bit of a search they went to the shops to buy one, so the member of staff had to stand in the room for 15mins to tune it in.
Supper was booked for 8.30 in the Ala cart restaurant. We didn't sit down till 9 as the table had been booked out twice, nice restaurant, tables a bit close together so conversation a bit difficult.
On looking at the starters to my taste there was not anything I fancied so I requested that the chef replace the warm goats cheese with Brie, the waitress went to enquire and came back with a negative response from the kitchen. I decided to skip the starter but my husband chose the salmon option but requested that the horseradish come on the side, this arrived with the horse radish slap bang on the salmon.
We both opted for the rib eye steak, which was cooked to both of our liking, served with a very small amount perhaps 6or 7 hand cut chips( little bit brown as oil must have been old)
We where informed by the waitress that dessert would be on the house because of our wait to be seated, very nice gesture, I chose the cheese and biscuits which arrived with a bit of Brie on the platter, making the chefs refusal to accommodate my starter request even more frustrating!
We also had a very nice bottle of Malbec.
All in all must try harder is my comment.
Breakfast could not be faulted.
The one shining light in this whole experience is a young waitress,come chambermaid,come do it all run around sorting out person Called Laura!.where they would be with out Laura? I really don't know!

Room Tip: If you want a larger room request a feature room, but ask for a sink that is fit for purpose.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blondfish
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We my partner and I. Have stayed in stow many times including Christmas. This Christmas while staying in stow (with our two jack russels). we went to what as the Royalist now THE PORCH HOUSE, For a drink. What a difference, this place is absolutely fantastic. First the refurbishment is top notch. On arrival the staff are so welcoming and on the ball, Nothing is to much.

We spent a lot of time over the Christmas in The Porch House. The bar food was great. so we decided We would come back and book to stay as they take Dogs in certain rooms.

We had a spare couple of days mid week, Mid January, so off we went for 2 nights mid week.
Our room was exceptional. The staff and Management where fantastic. The training must be top notch from the managers. You can tell the way this place runs. Russell who we saw most was great.

We can not wait to return 110 out 100.

Ant the dogs are treated like royalty ( Do bowls at the door biscuits and Water)

Thank you guys!