This hotel was booked by my boyfriend for 2 nights (21-23 July)
We arrived at 8pm after spending the day in Cheltenham. Did not struggle with parking, although I can see how it can be a problem. We checked in very easily and were told about breakfast times. Our room was Imperial Call which was located at the top of the stairs, facing the market square. Again, I understand that the steep stairs could have been a problem but the spring chickens that we are (aged 21 and 26) we managed fine.
The room was lovely. Just the right size for 2 people, bathroom was also the perfect size. The only problem we had with the room was it could be very loud. Facing the market square you had a lot of noise, especially from lorries/cars early in the morning.
On our second night we had our evening meal in the restaurant. The food was delicious - beer battered fish & chips and sausages & mash. The restaurant itself was quite small, fitting only a handful of tables but was nice as you didn't feel crowded. Staff were very helpful and chatty.
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much, the staff were very friendly and the location was lovely. Would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Arms is a quirky raditional Country Inn offering a warm welcome with traditional English food, real ales and wines available both in the ground floor pub and 1st floor restaurant with views of the Market Square, whilst our cosy bedrooms and cottage rooms offer the perfect place to base yourself when exploring the beautiful countryside and local Cotswold attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Kings Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- The Kings Arms Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds