“Cotswold Cricket Museum Stow-on-the-Wold”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cotswold Cricket Museum - CLOSED

Cotswold Cricket Museum
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cotswold Cricket Museum Stow-on-the-Wold”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I visited the museum at the end of July and found the memorabilia most interesting particularly the old photos and cricket equipment belonging to famous players from the past. The owner of the Museum was very informative and helpful.

Our visit was rounded off by a pleasant lunch in the new coffee lounge with tasty sandwiches and really good cake.On our list of places to revisit.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank cricketfan62

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

A lot of time and care had gone into creating this museum which was very interesting to anyone who loves cricket. The owner went out of his way to talk to us about his interest particularly in Surrey cricket team. Good coffee and cake.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank LondonDimo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fascinating, a must for any cricket lover visiting Stow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

The last sort of place I expected to find while walking through Stow was a cricket museum. I noticed it while staying on holiday in the town, taking a stroll one evening. So I went back a few days later in opening rooms. You enter via the very smart new tea room on the ground floor; admission is £4.50, inclusive of a donation to the Bunbury cricket charity, which in my view was good value, as I could have stayed for a fair bit longer than the 30-40 minutes I had in which to view the exhibits. And you get a very nice cup of tea or coffee when you have finished.

The museum itself, accessed via a flight of stairs (I don't know if there was a lift), was packed full of all kinds of memorabilia that the owner has collected himself over the years. There were many old pcitures of touring teams, going back to the 30s Bodyline era and before; sweaters, blazers, boots of players past and present; old score books; signed bats; and plenty more that I've not mentioned. There was also a Tv showing cricket from days gone by.

This place is well worth a visit if you are in the Cotswolds and like cricket. And even if you don't like cricket. The Museum's website is very good too, and will fill in the gaps left by this review.

Visited June 2012