“Looked forward to seeing it, but unfortunately not as inviting as I hoped”

Peter Martin Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Art gallery specializing in Fine Art and Documentary Photography from around the world.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Looked this up on TripAdvisor before we travelled, then found it and had a brief nose. I'm not shy when it comes to wandering into places, especially galleries, but I'm afraid on the couple of times we were in the courtyard I really didn't find it an inviting space. Sorry to get down on it, as others have clearly enjoyed it. There were some airbus / plane photos outside when we visited and it looked like the rest were the same theme inside. I had a small (well behaved) dog with me the first time and wasn't sure if that was welcome or not on. On the second, I thought I might get caught up in a chat as the room was empty. Again sorry to critique, but maybe a browsers welcome sign, dogs too (or not - I'm easy on that one) would have encouraged me to cross the threshold.

LeicaMan, Owner at Peter Martin Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the note and I’m sorry you didn’t come into the gallery.

When the door is closed (due to inclement weather) there is a “Welcome-Please Come In” sign on the door…but when the weather is beautifully warm, as it has been, the door is open and I find that invites people to stroll in.

I’ve never had any issues with dogs coming in. Some dog owners may ask first…and I have never refused…or I always trust them to know their dogs to be well behaved. It’s never backfired.

I always acknowledge and greet people when they come in then allow them time and space to look at the work at their own pace. Some people like to engage in conversation which I always enjoy (it can get a bit lonely and boring sitting there all day!!) and some don’t…which is fine as well.

I certainly did have more of the Lockheed Constellation photographs on the wall and I’m sorry you didn’t feel comfortable coming in to see them.

Please let me know next time you’re in the area. Would love for you to try again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were staying in a nearby hotel and my husband and I are avid photographers so we just had to pay a visit to Peter's studio. We were just blown away by the prowess of the images we saw, clearly captured by a man of immense ability. Do visit if you have the opportunity, it is an experience you won't be quick to forget.

LeicaMan, Owner at Peter Martin Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Rachael, Thank you for the glowing review. It's taken a few hours for the size of my head to shrink back to normal.
Glad... and humbled... you found the work inspiring, and sorry I wasn't here to greet you and your husband in person..it would have been a lovely chat. Please return again!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

A tiny photography gallery tucked away in an equally tiny courtyard. The exhibits are delightful and most I believe available to purchase. When my wife and I visited there were images of Venice lining the walls which reflected magical feelings of that extraordinary city. If you're in Stow, you must go and take a look. Mind you, if you fancy yourself as a photographer, you might decide to take up stamp collecting!

LeicaMan, Owner at Peter Martin Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello and thank you so much for your kind, heartfelt comments. I'm only sorry I wasn't there to meet you and speak with you in person. As noble as stamp collecting is, I'm sure you'll follow your heart and continue with your own photography!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We were staying right next door to this gallery in Digbeth Court, its a lovely gallery and the photography is of a high and interesting quality. Definitely seek this place out for a visit. Its also surrounded by an interiors and antique store on either side.

LeicaMan, Owner at Peter Martin Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for your kind comments and for coming into the gallery. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Stow!