“Great pub food & beer in a great location with good service”
Review of The Butchers Arms

The Butchers Arms
Ranked #12 of 146 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Mark & Sharon run a great place here. Ideal for all occasions - all year around. Perfect for a stop-off after or during a walk around the lovely Stroud valleys. Good food with a wide range of choices plus a specials board. Perfect for a sunny evening sitting outside or a cosy winter snug buy the fire. Local food from the Sheepscombe farms always available. Local guest beers as well. Highly recommended. PS: Yes this is my local - aren't we lucky!!

1  Thank Rory A

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recommended by our B&B hosts the Butchers Arms is a lovely pub serving better than average pub food. Wide range of local beers and availability of mixed drinks and wine. The pate appetizer was one of the best I've tasted and the steak was cooked just as I requested. Save room for the desserts, fresh ice cream and home made puddings. If you are in the Painswick area of the Cotswolds I can recommend the Butchers Arms

1  Thank Asheville-rider
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everything is fantastic! Wonderful customer service!!! lovely food with a big variety and brilliant specials board.

1  Thank Sally P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent Food,lovely atmosphere, beautifully located, warm welcome and good atmosphere - would recommend.

2  Thank gloriana625
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My parents and I came here for lunch on Father's Day. The pub itself is old but does not feel dark or poky. We gave our order at the bar and were served quickly. The food was delicious. My parents enjoyed their starter of calamari (well seasoned and not tough, which happens if the squid is left in the pan for too long) and my crayfish tail and smoked salmon salad was refreshing, with some citrus segments to lighten the taste. The starters were quite large so if you have a small appetite, like my mother, it may be best to have two starters rathe than a starter and a main. The mains were all delicious, my father being particularly pleased with his pork loin steak. The only downside to the meal was that I asked for horseradish sauce but it never appeared. This is a minor quibble, however and we will definitely go back.

Things to note: the only way to get to this pub is down narrow country lanes which are only one vehicle wide, not for nervous drivers or large vehicles (there are places to pass); the car park is fairly small given the pub's size so you may end up parking down the hill.

1  Thank Starsea82