We have just stayed here on a 4 day break. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was tired to say the least. However, they are in the throes of refurbishment as I write this. Any complaints we had were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The breakfast was quite good with a good choice. We dined in the restaurant the first night , we waited 45 minutes for our first course to arrive and 30 minutes for the mains. The meal was "OK". we dined in the bar the next two nights . I had the calves liver which was so tough it was inedible. The second night was better. I understand there is a new restaurant manager starting and a new hotel manager has just started. I am sure there will be a big improvement once all the little bits are sorted out and the rooms are refurbished. Woulld I stay again? possibly not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire