I and my wife have stayed here on several occasions and it really is a wonderful place to get away from it all. Set on the edge of the Cotswolds it would be a great place for avid walkers to stay.It is a gem of a place with a well stocked bar, particularly if you like real ale. The restaurant is also brilliant and each time we have stayed we have not come away disappointed. The rooms are well decorated and the beds are very comfortable.
After reading a few other reviews I can agree that it is fairly expensive and I will agree that the cancellation policy is awful. My MIL fell ill the day before we were due to arrive and there was no question of us staying here, the only way we were able to save our money was to re-book on another occasion. Not the best and pretty unsympathetic but such is the nature of business nowadays.
All that said; the enjoyment of our stay means we will definitely book again, sometimes it is worth splashing out for the odd weekend to get away from it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire