My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights on a Cotswold break & had a lovely time. The hotel is cosy and welcoming - especially the friendly receptionist. Would recommend that you ask for a room in the main building, the ones in the annex are not as nice.
The three course dinner was very good, beautifully presented, and we also had a cream tea and a bar meal during our stay, all of a good standard.
Plenty to see in the surrounding area, nice walks over the common. we also enjoyed watching the croquet games, although didn't have a clue on the rules!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire