My partner and I plus our 2 dogs stayed for 2 nights as a Secret Escapes deal. We received a lovely, warm welcome and arrived at our cosy room in the Country House annex, which had everything we needed - including a bowl of water for the dogs and a feeding mat.
Having settled in, we had a tasty lunch by the croquet lawn - a lovely setting - before exploring the very picturesque Rodborough Common. Thank you to the Receptionist who took time to show us different walking routes we could take on the hotel's large map (it would be great if the maps could be made available to take with us on walks though).
Part of our deal was wine tasting, which we really enjoyed at Binn Ends, located next door to the hotel - it was very informal and fun. It was a bonus to be able to spend the £10 voucher we were given as part of the deal - lovely wines at affordable prices. Simon, the owner of Binn Ends, was fantastic and even gave us tips on where to walk and go for lunch.
The evening meal we had at the hotel was gorgeous. Nothing at this hotel is too much trouble. The staff even set up a special table for us in the courtyard area, so that our dogs could 'dine' with us. The service was of a high standard too.
The same can be said for breakfast, where again, a special table was set up for us in a quiet reading room and again, the service was excellent, friendly and efficient. Our dogs were well looked after too!
On the second night, we had a bar meal and were very impressed indeed by the beautiful curry we had - one of the best we've ever tasted in a hotel.
All in all, we would definitely come back and recommend The Bear as a great place to relax, enjoy good food/wine and take advantage of the wonderful setting and dog friendliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire