Booked direct with the hotel,arrived early on Saturday morning and booked in without any issues,Sian was very helpful having sorted a query out the previous day by e-mail (incredibly promptly).
Evening meal was arranged in the reading room as we had the dog, table reservation sorted by Martina,good move as the hotel was incredibly busy with a wedding and other guests.
Fantastic walks from outside the front door,great bar and beer,four ales,all well kept and served.
I have to comment on the bar staff,they were incredibly busy but managed to serve politely and efficiently given the number of guests,wedding party etc.
Waitress was also a gem,very polite,great service and we were not forgotten,food was superb,difficult to choose what to have,puddings even more of a dilemma!!! Chocolate fondant or chocolate fondant.
Breakfast was also arranged in the reading room and went without hitch,lovely full english,proper toast and juice,coffee was also good.
Bedroom was impressive,bed the size of a small country,decor good and quiet location.
Will definitely return for walking,beer food and wine, staff went out of their way to assist and are to be commended. Forgot the evening waitresses name but she is a real asset,polite and customer service excellent.
Will return for a winter break proper,also the wine warehouse with bin ends well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire