We stayed over with friends to celebrate a birthday. My wife phoned before we arrived to ask whether a cake could be made; the chef made a beautiful chocolate cake even though they were extremely busy with a wedding!
The hotel is beautiful, the area tranquil and the rooms clean, comfortable and elegant. My wife was ill and had to stay in bed and the staff were so helpful, taking dinner up to her whilst we ate in the restaurant. We ate dinner and breakfast as part of a deal found on the Internet. The food was excellent and portions perfect.
We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire