This is a beautifully situated countryside hotel that we came across in our trip around Cotswold to Swansea, as the Swansea hotel was fully booked for the football night, we booked this for a night of stay in transit, but it turned out to be the best hotel so far for this trip. The room is spacious, relaxing, well furnished, the restaurant provided good food..we had simple tea of scones, and it was delicious. The staffs are friendly helpful, views from the room is beautiful. However, it was quite a distance from the town , our experience of visiting the township of Stroud in the late evening was aborted as the place was quiet and not well lit up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire