Went to the Bear for Christmas, and was rather disappointed with the entire package. The bedroom was small, the furniture old and worn and room to room sound proofing non-existent. There were several dogs in the hotel, one of them decided to start yapping at 2.30AM Boxing Day.
The hotel had printed a schedule for the 3 day Christmas event, Christmas Day lunch was supposed to be 5 courses but we only got 4, the evening buffet was very poor, no one serving drinks. Boxing Day diner was going to be 5 courses but was reduced down to only 3. Overall the quality of the food was well below expectations; most restaurants attached to Primer Inns serve much better food. Apart from the head waiter the serving staff did not appear to know what they were supposed to be doing, when I asked if the staff were agency temps brought in for Christmas, I was surprised to be informed that they were the hotel’s permanent staff.
Absolutely would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire