We used 'The Bear' as a base while exploring the area and it was perfect. We upgraded to a Superior Double room and were in room 3 so I assume one of the oldest bits of the hotel.
The room was a decent size for such an old building and the en-suite was fine if a little tired.
We had a few drinks and then decided to eat in the bar on the first night and had some great food and fun in the bar which was busy with a mixture of couples like ourselves and what looked like people staying on a conference.
Breakfast in the morning was particularly good with a wide choice of cooked options and cereals etc.
Unfortunately the weather was not great but the hotel has lots of outside tables and chairs and is really quite. We walked from the hotel up onto the common and into Nailsworth which only took about 30mins on the second night where there are lots of other restaurants, although its a steep walk home again.
Perfect for driving to bath, Cheltenham, Cirencester etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire