First time for us here - on a short break (not from each other I must add). Decor is very tasteful and staff were very helpful. As with most hotels the extras cost a fortune so we avoided most of them. The room (#7 in the older part) was clean and tasteful with a pleasant view over the croquet lawn. The bar area is classily rustic with plenty of little spaces to make it cosy and private. Bar food was good, restaurant food rather expensive, so we passed. Breakfast was very pleasant - in the extremely tasteful restaurant, however portions were somewhat nouveau cuisine - ONE SMALL sausage, ONE rasher, ONE mushroom!!! and HALF a small tomato !!!!! as part of my cooked breakfast! At least there were enough beans to make counting them too difficult :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 300 acres of National Trust land with views over the Cotswolds; The Bear of Rodborough has 46 classic country bedrooms, a lively bar, restaurant and plenty of places to sit back and relax. The hotel is dog-friendly and ideally situated for visiting the beautiful towns of Gloucestershire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Bear of Rodborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Of Rodborough Stroud
- Hotel Bear Of Rodborough
- The Bear Of Rodborough Hotel Stroud, Gloucestershire