“Walkers and dogs in force”

Painswick Golf Club
Colwall, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Walkers and dogs in force”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Yes, the course has great views and is challenging, not only from the point of view of difficult terrain and blind holes but most especially from the general public, most of whom seem unaware that there could be golf balls flying around! Many amble across fairways and allow their dogs to run where they will. It was not enjoyable for this reason and because several of the holes are badly signed ( and some Ladies tees being non-existent!) and one wastes time searching for them. If you want to play serious golf, leave this one out.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank joanwiseman

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“don't bother unless your thinking of walking your dog”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

we recently played here has a 4 ball, what can I say if was awful, there were people everywhere with dogs in toe, there were lot's of shared fairways where you just don't know where to stand for fear of being hit by a ball, children ran all over the course as we were trying tee off, and twice we had two dogs pick up and run off with our golf balls which yes is amusing and quite funny but also very frustrating, the views were outstanding but only as a walker not a golfer such a shame but can honestly see where the name comes from because it was painful! r

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tinamac1231
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Local Hotspot for Walkers and Golfers alike.”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Painswick Golf Club, is situated on the outskirts of Painswick village on the peak of the hill surrounded by what appears to be an ancient fortress, very nice area for walking, the site is open to the public and from the beacon on a clear day you can see as far as the Severn crossing bridges, the Forest of Dean, Cheltenham, Malvern Hills and Tewkesbury.

1 Thank MoDTeamLeader
Newport, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Fantastic views but you need to be fit”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I enjoyed my time on the course, but sadly I did not have an electric trolley. There are no buggies on the course and the only electric trolley this lovely little club had was out of action. Luckily as a 70 year old I do not have any major health problems so was able to play the course. It is a challenging course with many tricky blind holes. One of the tee positions was just below the highest point on the Cotswolds so you can imagine the view. My friend and I were the last two on the course and when we finished they very kindly allowed us some drinks but we were unable to eat there. This was part of a voucher set up and it is unlikely that I would have played the course due to the distance away from me. All in all if you like a challenge then this would be a great course to find it.

Visited October 2011