“Great meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent view from the terrace and a good plough mans ...tasty bread nice onion chutney .....nice beer ....would go there again ...tasty ham could do with thicker slices but overall a excellent meal

5  Thank Dylansgrandtour

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This used to be one of my favourite places for straightforward pub grub, lovely views and good beer. I haven't eaten here since the pub changed hands and, on my experience last week, I won't be. The views and beer are the same but the meals that my husband and I were probably some of the worst that we had. We awaited for 35 mins for some very basic food which arrived after we complained. It was dire - it had obviously been left under a hot plate or something as the sauce had a nasty skin and was very dry. We did complain and were told that the only had one chef in that day. very busy etc but nothing that explained the quality of the food. I won't be back.

2  Thank Foodiemum3_12
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I never normally write reviews but this lovely pub deserves a shout out for its charming style, lovely setting and most impressive of all, its talented kitchen. If you are looking for a traditional nooks and cranny pub with lovely sunny outside seating overlooking stunning hillside views, this pub definitely ticks the boxes. Come also with a hearty appetite as the food has a wide-ranging and interesting choice for meat-eaters and vegetarians. We tried the tapas which was gorgeous: freshly cooked and ample portioned. The chef really knows his onions! The salt and pepper squid he recommended was melt in the mouth and the best I've had in a very, very long while. The mains were also very tasty and the puddings delicious (even tempted a life-long anti-pudding person like myself!). Will definitely be returning!

3  Thank Joanna J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We received a very friendly welcome by not only the staff but a few of the "locals" too. We were spoilt for choice by the extensive menu available but opted for a garlic bread starter and honey roast ham and chips for mains. OMG...the garlic bread was the best we have ever tasted, so more- some, so yummy and sooo fattening, but what the heck. When visiting this area again will definitely return.

2  Thank Carole H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had dinner here on the recommendation of the innkeepers where we spent the weekend (after the fact we found that their daughter is the pub manager!). One of us had the pork belly which was some of the best we've had, and the other had fish & chips which were also very good. Opted away from dessert, but were told after the fact that was a mistake. The pub is known for it's sticky toffee pudding!! Also they are very dog friendly

1  Thank Christopher K