“Little gem!”

Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Stroud
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No 23 is a popular, independent Stroud Bar and Restaurant, open all weekday evenings, all day and evening on weekend and bank holidays. Specialising in over-sized tapas and Mediterranean fare. The fully stocked bar serves a great choice wines, beers, sherry's and aperitifs to complement the extensive menu. The hand-crafted blend of fine gourmet coffees brings you an espresso blend bursting with flavour. The dining experience provided at No 23 has been rated 5/5 stars several times by food critics and is consistently praised on public restaurant sites. The premises is split over 2 levels with a bar and dining area and the open kitchen on the ground floor. Above is a further spacious dining area and to the rear, a raised external balcony offering wonderful views across the roof tops of Stroud and over towards the river Severn. The upstairs dining area is also available for functions and No 23 also hosts Wine Tasting evenings, local musicians and artists in this space. The locally famous £5 for all varieties of Paella Evening is held every Tuesday, traditional Roast are added to the menu on Sundays - best to ring to book or check Sunday evening latest opening hours. There are always delicious Vegan and Vegetarian offerings and everything on the menu is available as take away as required.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This little gem is tucked away in the back streets of Stroud. I've been a couple of times now. The first time with friends for a birthday celebration, when we enjoyed fabulous olives, home made ciabatta and tapenade for nibbles, followed by a fab selection of tapas, all freshly cooked. I highly recommend the prawns!
The second time I visited with my husband on paella night. All paellas are £5 with a choice of chicken, seafood,veggie or a bit of everything. Again, couldn't fault it. Paella night is Thursday and is hugely popular, so make sure you book to avoid disappointment.
Upstairs there is a small balcony area with lovely views. Make sure you go!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hi...good job ....but let's do it again..I WAISTED £. 97 on this little bistro and what I get in return was VERY POOR quality food... VERY ARROGANTE ATTITUDE from manager and not a single Thing worth the money we spent in there....we will NEVER EVER EVER EVER coming back again ....I rest my case.....bye....

31  Thank kieranstroud
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This restaurant always has really good vegan and vegetarian choices such as slow roast cauliflower and butter beans with artichokes. I have been meaning to review them since my first visit.
All freshly prepped in front of you, good value and a pleasure to visit

1  Thank Tarquin C
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited Stroud, on a very short trip to UK whilst visiting family ... we were advised to visit this little Gem and what a find...we re so pleased that we did! The service staff couldn't have been more accommodating ( something that is not so often found in Spain unfortunately , it makes us miss the UK when we receive such great service ! ) The food could not be faulted and the vino washed down very well indeed! Thank you for giving us such a pleasant meal! On our next trip to Stroud, we will certainly be back!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been to 23 lots since it has opened and cannot agree with the negative comments. I believe people need to have realistic expectations, Stroud is a small market town which is known for its farmers market and quirky people and businesses who care enough to do something different. If you look beyond your nose there are beutiful views of Rodborough, Sesley and beyond. 23 offers a professional yet laid back atmosphere which after the hum drum of the wroking week is perfect. Last time i was here i ate so much i was going to pop. Authentic tasting food with fresh ingredients which yiu can see being cooked before your eyes. I enjoyed my meal last week and look forward to taking friends next friday on their visit from Surrey. Keep up the good work guys !!!!