“Lovely place for a snack”

Kendrick Street Deli
Ranked #35 of 150 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I don’t think they do “big” meals – please correct me if I’m wrong! But they do gorgeous sandwiches (and soup – never tried it though). You can choose 3 fillings from various cured meats (chorizo, salami etc), cheeses, and other things (eg pesto, hummus), and have them combined in very, very fresh, crusty white or brown bread doorsteps.

And you know what – they actually ask you if you want butter or not. When did that last happen to you?

Prices are really reasonable, and the staff greet you like friends.

All sorts of coffees, teas, cold drinks also available, and shelves stacked with relishes and that kind of thing.

They only have a few tables downstairs and outside when the weather’s good, but have just opened a spacious new area upstairs.

Relaxing and highly recommended.

4  Thank pqvx

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Monday 24th, popped along to Kendrick St Deli for a quick bite to eat for lunch and ended up staying all afternoon. The up-stairs is now fully open with a very comfortable settee and armchair (lovingly re-upholstered by Nicky - mind you don't spill your coffee!!) and as always the welcome is warm and friendly and the food and coffee is excellent. Nicky's chocolate cake was divine and extremely moreish, the Victoria Sponge looked incredibly inviting but will have to await a future visit. Once the lunchtime crowd had dispersed it was so relaxing just whiling away the hours reading and chatting and ignoring all the household chores begging to be done back home. Another coffee just to round things off then back to reality. Roll on next Monday. GUY

4  Thank GuyWilliams2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the moment we stepped inside we were greeted with a smile. There was celery soup on the menu which may not sound enticing but it was delicious. The lady gave me a sample to taste before I ordered. The bread and real butter was lovely and my husbands cheese platter was gorgeous. As well as 3 large pieces of different cheeses, there was chutney, pickled onions and olives. All for under £10. Reading the other reviews I feel it is important to point out that this is not a coffee and cake shop it's a Deli and by what I saw on a wet Monday a pretty popular Deli with local people.

4  Thank theflyingpa111
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This owner could do with a visit to charm school! aggressive, unfriendly and clearly doesnt want good business and returning customers

2  Thank claire9591
Dave P, Owner at Kendrick Street Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hello, we just wanted to let you know since your visit to the deli the business has changed hands. Can't say we've been to charm school but we do our best :-)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is one of my favourite places to go for a relaxed lunch. I go there often, especially when I want some time and space to myself. I visited again on Saturday 12 October. Saturdays are a good day to lunch there – Stroud is buzzing with the farmers market and it's fun to people-watch from a seat by the window. Had my usual – Hobb House bakery brown (no butter), Italian ham, Cheddar, salad leaves and the recommended apple chutney with a ginger beer. It was freshly made with love and care. I can thoroughly recommend some of the goodies for sale on the shelves too. Love their range of wines and strawberry & champagne jam. Would be great if they offered de-caff coffee and soya milk lattes but that's such a small thing. The perfect antidote to a busy morning's shopping.

1  Thank JaneD162