“Best Coffee Shop in Stroud”
Review of Black Book Cafe

Black Book Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Stroud
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 October 2013

When Black Book Cafe opened in Stroud just over a year ago many locals wondered whether the town could cope with yet another Coffee shop. Yet Kelly and her team have done a fantastic job and now, imho, this is the best coffee shop in Stroud. It has a great atmosphere, a good view down the high street and excellent coffee and cakes.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a lovely cafe which also passes as a second hand bookshop. It has plenty of light and space though it can get busy on Saturday mornings with shoppers from the famous Stroud farmers market, nearby. The coffee and cake are very good and the service friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a find, great coffee, cakes ect and a second hand book shop in one! What a fantastic idea. Friendly service and good value.

1  Thank grumpyolddrunk
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

The serene atmosphere is what got me when I wandered into this cafe, nice chilled music being piped into a nice open; yet cosy, room lined with books. People chatting quietly, some with chess boards, others with books.
I had a chai latte & it says lush! Not bad for £2 considering I got to look through a few books & sit down and chat with mates for a bit.
It has a great atmosphere & I look forward to returning.

1  Thank Clomojo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Although this is only down the road from me, it's taken months for me to stop in for a coffee. I only wish I'd done it as soon as it opened. It's an absolute gem of a place....one of the best cups of coffee I've had in a very long time, great service, lovely food and book galore! I loved it, my husband loved it, my kids loved it...we'll be back very soon!

1  Thank Michelle E