“Christmas came early”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I'm not one for writing reviews but I can't keep this a secret any longer. I have eaten at this wonderful Inn a few times now and never been disappointed, having just had the best Christmas dinner ever with nearly 20 friends. All 3 courses were amazing. Liked it all so much that I am going back to do it all again, next week. Great food, good beers! Lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have eaten here about ten times since the new management took over and, without fail, every time there has been a warm welcome and truly wonderful food. The chef is extremely talented, the ingredients are of high quality and meat is locally sourced. I feel so lucky to have such an excellent restaurant within walking distance - and the walk uphill justifies one of their luscious puddings, surely! Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have eaten here on at least 5 occasions, every time I have had something different and every time it has been amazing! The chef uses great combinations of ingredients and quality produce to make great food This is the place to go if you like great food. I live in Oxford and so only visit when I visit my sister otherwise I would eat here more often.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Took a group of visiting friends/family from overseas for an evening meal as wanted to show them a pretty place like Randwick.
Food was stunning, a good mix of traditional pub grub with some more exotic offerings. I had an Asian-style prawn starter that was nothing like what I was expecting but brilliant, and a beef stew that reminded me of my mums cooking....everyone else was delighted with their meals. Service was warm and attentive considering just two people to cover the whole pub and restaurant.
Great pudding too, thank you..

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I guess we can all remember fantastic meals we've paid for in our lives. the best steak I'd had was in Chertsey, Surrey in 1986...... until my visit to Steak Night at the Vine Tree. Unbelievable! And the chips....I've never tasted chips like that before. Very happy.