I just love staying in the Premier Inn in Stroud, Glos. Situated right next to the beautiful Stratford Park and with its own attractive garden at the front. The building used to be a Boys Prep School years ago and I can remember seeing them [the 'posh' kids in their grey and red uniforms complete with caps... I used to live in Stroud and like to return every now and then to enjoy the wonderful countryside and have a bit of a walk down nostalgic lane! The staff at the Stroud Premier are extremely friendly and welcoming. The bar and restuarant is part of the hotel, so ulike some of the other Premier Inns I have stayed in, you do not have to walk across a car park to get to them. Drink and food prices are very reasonable. I am not a driver but it is only about 5 mins to walk into town, and there is also a bus stop right outside the Inn to Gloucester, Whiteshill, Ruscombe etc. There is also a Tesco right next door [hidden behind trees] which is very useful for sandwiches etc for picnics. My only criticism is that the room prices seem to be slowly creeping upwards - it is in fact very difficult to get a £29 room. As a single traveller this makes it a lot more expensive, although I must admit it is heaven to have one of their huge comfortable beds all to myself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Grade II-listed building in the heart of the Cotswolds, with Stroud's Farmers' Market market nearby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Stroud Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Stroud Hotel Stroud
- Stroud Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Stroud Hotel Gloucestershire