“Another Enjoyable Stay...”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Stroud
Cornwall
“Another Enjoyable Stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

A family group consisting of five adults and one baby all descended upon the Premier Inn, Stroud on the 27th December to celebrate a belated Christmas, two birthdays and one member remaining for the New Year [me]. As always we were made to feel welcome and had been allocated four rooms all close together. All the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the beds big enough to have us all pose for present opening photographs all on one bed!! We ate in the restuarant that evening - unfortunately one of the meals was not up to standard but this complaint was dealt with quickly and another meal offered, or a full refund. The Nelson is ideally situated for visitors who do not come by car. It is about a 7 minute walk into Stroud where there is a bus and train station. Immediately outside the Nelson Premier Inn are bus stops direct to Gloucester and other more local destinations. Also, the beautiful Stratford Park is a delight to visit whatever time of year - and is literally across the road. The Museum in the Park has just been properly opened and is fascinating - I wish I had left more time to look around and will definitely do that on my next visit. There is also a Leisure Centre in the park if you are feeling energetic. Many thanks to all the staff for their friendliness towards me once all the rest of the family had departed and I had two days on my own. And I was very pleased to find that the price of a pint of lager is still below £3.00! And that the prawn cocktail is served in a good sized bowl and with quarter slices of brown bread and butter ........

Room Tip: Ask for a room which looks over the park - not the car park!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Penzancegirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

My husband and I arrived with our 3 children (aged 7,6 & 2) for a two night stay. We chose this hotel primarily due to the fact it is situated opposite stratford park and the children could stretch their legs, have a run around, feed and marvel at the resident ducks and swans. You could see tesco superstore from the hotel which was a bonus if we needed to stock up on any supplies. The staff were very welcoming, offering to help retrieve luggage from our car on our 10.15pm arrival and upon entering our room it was really appreciated to see all the childrens trundle beds made up, including the travel cot with linen. The room was spacious and our bed was I'm sure queen size! Plenty tea/coffee/milk making facilities and also a personal Christmas card which was a lovely touch. The only meals we had in the hotel was breakfast on the two mornings and that was very good and excellent value for money; my husband and I chose two 'all you can eat' adult breakfasts and all 3 children ate free. Lovely breakfast and any requests from the children were welcomed. Great staff and nice looking restaurant. We came away saying it was the best premier inn we had stated in.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Harryboos4
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed here for one night as a weekend break for my wife's birthday and we found it really surpassed our expectations. I originally planned to book a more expensive and up market independent hotel nearby but changed my mind at the last minute and went for the Stroud Premier Inn because it was £50 cheaper at £59 for a family room. I'm glad I did because we had a lovely stay, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, its child friendly and there's a decent pub on the site. The room could have done with a lick of new paint on the ceiling, it was a patchwork of grey and white, but the huge bed was really comfortable and the room was warm, clean and quiet. I'd definitely recommend it to a friend as a good base to explore the local area from. The breakfast is not included in the price of the room and is expensive at £7.99 each but the choice is really good and you can have as much as you like (within reason) - I didn't need to eat again that day after tucking in to the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eco W
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

The staff are welcoming, room was well presented, food in the bar is some what generic but adequate - the service is sluggish. The one gripe is that I left for work at 06.30 hours the next morning and the car park was in pitch darkness - they have lights - just that they do not work or worse still they believe they do not need to switched on.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed here for a friend's wedding which was being held nearby. The price was good, £52 excluding breakfast. The hotel has plenty of parking. We were allowed to check in early which was helpful as we wanted to change before the wedding. The staff were friendly and welcoming.

The room itself was clean overall but needed some maintenance, in particular the windows which were very mouldy and needed replacing. We just shut the curtains so that we didn't have to look at it. We affectionately called the room 'the dungeon' as it was was dingy and felt like it was in the basement but it was OK. We had a good quiet nights sleep, it was very quiet and the room felt clean. You wouldn't want to have a weeks holiday here but it's OK for an overnight stay.
I'd stay again if I was in the area but wouldn't spend any time in the room. OK.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are a bit dingy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mini-breaker
Marcus L, Manager at Premier Inn Stroud Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Premier Inn Stroud. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and that you felt it was good value, that you had a great nights sleep and that the team were welcoming and friendly.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your room and am pleased that we have just completed a complete refurbishment of the rooms and public areas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Stroud again soon.

Marcus Lill
Premier Inn Stroud
Old Nelson Brewers Fayre
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I loved this hotel, the massive bed. The room felt really spacious and not at all cramped. It was clean tidy, the staff were polite and pretty helpful, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: no lift so if you will have trouble carrying a suitcase up a flight of stairs,request a ground floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valerie O
Carlisle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We used this Inn for the central section of our Cotswolds Way walk. Very handy for the bus and the supermarket. Meals adequate.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Yanmike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroud
Stonehouse Court
Burleigh Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Minchinhampton
Egypt Mill Hotel & Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South

Been to Premier Inn Stroud Hotel? Share your experiences!