“Very nice and quirky too!”

Premier Inn Stroud Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Stroud
Reviewed 5 November 2013

A pretty, listed old building which has been extended, but still a charming Premier Inn. We were a family of 4.The room was very large, overlooking the car park, but still a reasonable 'leafy' view. Comfy beds, nice clean room and bathroom.
The staff were brilliant; so friendly and helpful, in the bar, restaurant(attached to the Premier Inn), also in reception and the cleaners were really nice too.
The windows only open a small amount, this would be a problem in summer.
Great location; about a 5 minute stroll from Stroud town center and just accross the road from a beautiful park with a lake, play area, sports center and a museum which has activities for kids in the holidays.
Stroud is lovely with lots of nice independent quirky shops. Sorentos Italian restaurant in Stroud was excellent and well priced.
The food in the restaurant at the Premier Inn was average but cheap and convenient on arrival at tea time.
The surrounding countryside was wonderful, Minchinhampton is close by- a really lovely gem of a village.

Room Tip: We were in room 19, on the top floor (of 2), which I would recommend. Some rooms on the ground floor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Stroud Hotel

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after going to a friend's wedding. When we checked in, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, which I always appreciate. The room was very basic, with a duvet cover too small for the duvet, small holes in the curtains, and a clean yet old feel to the entire place. Some of the plugs did not work, however there were enough of them to not be a problem.

My biggest gripe was going back to the room around midnight. There were people just hanging around in the car park, and when the night receptionist let me in, he didn't acknowledge me other than to ask when I was expecting, as I looked pregnant. As a plump but not huge woman, this upset me greatly, and when I explained I was not pregnant, he just shrugged. I have never been insulted at a hotel before!

Overall, I think it's an ok place, but in need of serious updating, and manners taught to all staff, not just those who work in the day!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is not your normal Premier Inn! Beautiful listed building with some really different rooms, but still with great premier inn service. We had booked 2 rooms and both were spot on. Rooms were spotless and there was everything you need. It was great to have a proper radiator and we had masses of room to swing a couple of cats. Great base to visit the Cotswolds, we will be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank swfc1976
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Arrived late-ish on a dark wet evening. Drove past several times as not well signposted and entry dark. After parking - also difficult due to poor signage - I found the Reception entrance where I had to walk through a fog of cigarette smoke from all the smokers gathered at the Reception doorway. Reception itself was tired and grubby and carpets filthy. The receptionist was pleasant enough but I had the impression I was wanted out of the way as quickly as possible.On first inspection my room was fine but then I discovered a wet patch on the carpet which I had to walk on. Source of wet unknown! Went for dinner and was asked if I had booked - which I hadn't - so was shuffled away to the back of the restaurant. Food was OK and the service was quite friendly. Breakfast was the usual PI standard and the staff were friendly and helpful but none went out of their way.

I've stayed in several PI's most of which have been good to excellent but this one comes nowhere near that standard. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but I'll steer clear of this one in the future

Room Tip: Select another location and miss this one
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim H
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Relations at Premier Inn Stroud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We'd been invited to a wedding and at short notice we were able to book a room at the Premier Inn, Stroud. The weather forecast was bad, so we left our caravan at home. Stroud was ideally located for the event.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights here. This was a premier inn at its best. Rooms clean and tidy as was the bathroom. Just what you expect from a premier inn. The staff were helpful when we were asking directions. Breakfast was as advertised and very tasty and as much as you wanted.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda e
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Usual high standard of Premier Inn, very friendly helpful staff. The bar / restaurant is good value and the staff are all friendly. Overall quality of the hotel and bar is very good, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroud
The Imperial Hotel
Burleigh Court Hotel
Burleigh Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Minchinhampton
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South

Been to Premier Inn Stroud Hotel? Share your experiences!