The interior of Oak House is as eclectic and colourful as hosts Gary and Nicola's previous lifestyles. They greet you like old friends and then leave you to relax as if it was your own home. We stayed in the Prince's Suite at the front of the house – a spacious room mixing a bold colour scheme with traditional furniture. Nicola's afternoon tea (delicious home-made cakes and scones) can be taken in your bedroom or the sumptuous lounge. When you manage to drag yourself out of bed Tetbury is a lovely town full of antique shops, but Barnsley, Bibury (our favourite) and Burford are all chocolate-box villages worth a visit. All in all a great anniversary weekend break ... thank you Gary and Nicola and not forgetting Woody (as charming as his owners).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oak House No.1 is a stunning Georgian Townhouse in the heart of Tetbury and is just moments walk from many designer boutiques and Prince Charles' famous Highgrove shop.Oak House No.1 has been visited by rock stars and royalty and you will be welcomed like a favourite house guest here not simply a customer.A super fine art collection including original Andy Warhol and Grayson Perry pieces ,sit amongst treasured antiques and classic contemporary furniture.New designer bathrooms with TV's, Molton Brown toiletries ,soft robes all await. Stay,relax and enjoy.Afternoon tea can be taken in the sitting room or in the summer in our private walled garden,Nicolas scones and cakes are second to none ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Oak House No1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak House No1 Hotel Tetbury
- Oak House No1 Tetbury, Cotswolds