...but not if you prefer hotels, which we do.
The room was beautiful, as was the bathroom but we agreed afterwards that we're just not sure we like bed and breakfast accommodation generally: being in someone's house just isn't our thing and this is, obviously, like being in someone else's (perfectly nice, if not a bit overdone on the decorating front) house.
Things we liked: huge comfortable bed, swanky bathroom, central location, friendly people (not that we go to hotels to make friends, generally we're visiting friends)
Things we didn't: being asked to take our shoes off; being told we had to be in by midnight. We're adults, at £225 a night - which is a hotel, not a b&b rate - surely you can lend us a key?
Perfectly nice but not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oak House No.1 is a stunning Georgian Townhouse in the heart of Tetbury and is just moments walk from many designer boutiques and Prince Charles' famous Highgrove shop.Oak House No.1 has been visited by rock stars and royalty and you will be welcomed like a favourite house guest here not simply a customer.A super fine art collection including original Andy Warhol and Grayson Perry pieces ,sit amongst treasured antiques and classic contemporary furniture.New designer bathrooms with TV's, Molton Brown toiletries ,soft robes all await. Stay,relax and enjoy.Afternoon tea can be taken in the sitting room or in the summer in our private walled garden,Nicolas scones and cakes are second to none ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Oak House No1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak House No1 Hotel Tetbury
- Oak House No1 Tetbury, Cotswolds