1,186 results
All reviewsbeaufort restaurantwestonbirt arboretumsilkwood courtgame keepersgamekeepers cottagethe main hotelmolton brown toiletriesmagnolia suitelovely hotelsublime sundaylovely groundssingle roombusy roadsunday lunchlounge areacotswold innsfine dining
Reviewed 1 January 2014

this was our second visit and yet again it was all round an excellent stay. the room was elegant and well appointed. the staff were knowledgeable, friendly and polite. both dinner and breakfast were good. we would definitely return again, especially to celebrate special occasions.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
harehounds, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I am very pleased that you chose the Hare and Hounds for a second visit and that you will consider us for special celebrations.It will be a pleasure to welcome you for those occasions. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hare and Hounds for four days over the Christmas period including Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We had a suite which was superb, with a brilliant bed and bathroom. We found the food throughout the four days to be truly inspirational. I have seen criticism on these pages about the menu, but in my view the chef created flavours, textures and presentation that was of Michelin standard! and I can honestly say that this was some of the best food that I have experienced. I have to also mention the staff, in a word, Brilliant. Every member of staff we spoke to, could not have been more polite or more helpful. It is obvious to me that the staff take pride in what they do, and the Hotel is extremely well managed.
Tip... We had the hot tub, revelation.
We had a fantastic stay..thank you

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Very many thanks for your recent review. I put all the encouraging ones on the staff notice board to give everyone's morale a lift, but we also take time out to discuss those which reflect shortfalls in our performance, and so, keep everyone's 'feet on the ground'. My feelings about our Chef concurr with your own. He is a very talented person, and sensible enough to listen to all feedback.
I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed as part of a business meeting with a Christmas meal

Room was welcoming and nothing was to much trouble fir the staff

Meal was taken in the library which was an excellent setting for a very enjoyable Christmas meal

Would hope to return for a short break to more fully appreciate the hotel and area

Room Tip: Stayed in the Mulberry room which is in an annex in the hotel grounds
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
harehounds, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

It is really helpful to get a view of the hotel from a business person's angle, and good to hear that the warmth and welcome reaches all of our guests in equal measure. I do hope you find the opportunity to come and stay privately, and take some time to enjoy the lovely countryside and beautiful little towns in this area.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

A beautiful hotel! Dog friendly, customer friendly, charming staff. Great food. Planning another visit ASAP! Can't wait! Thank you for huge hospitality! The grounds are beautiful as well.
Close to Tetbury, The Arboretum and the rest of the best of the Cotswolds. We did 1200 miles
in total, driving around for simply a few days. I recommend wholeheartedly for a stay in one
of the most beautiful part of Britain. So much to see, and so nice to get back to the Hotel!

Room Tip: We had dogs with us. One on her last legs. We had a ground floor room outside. It was perfect! The staff brought them water and, wait... Treats for breakfast! The most charming Hotel in England? Quite possibly it is. The Library is the finest place to simply relax with a coffee in the afternoon. Going back as soon as possible! Hopefully next month....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

The staff here are all delighted that you and your dogs enjoyed your stay with us in the beautiful Cotswold countryside. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is good to know that we were able to add to your comfort and relaxation. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We met family here one evening before Christmas. It is in a great location and we had a lovely table right in front of a roaring log fire, which created a lovely atmosphere. Alas the overpriced foo, which came in small portions and was accompanied by very slow, unfriendly service meant that whilst it was a good meeting point it was not one we would use again. Shame.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bathpair

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry and disappointed that you found service slow and unfriendly. The image we strive for is welcoming, friendly and professional, so I am very sad to hear that we failed on all counts. Your sensible feedback does serve to highlight the importance we all place upon the manner in which we are treated. I hope you may re-consider at some point and try a return visit.