1,196 results
All reviews beaufort restaurant westonbirt arboretum silkwood court game keepers gamekeepers cottage the main hotel molton brown toiletries magnolia suite lovely hotel sublime sunday lovely grounds single room busy road sunday lunch lounge area cotswold inns fine dining
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went for dinner in 'Jack Hares Bar' (in the hotel) last night. The food quality was okay but our portions in all 3 courses were really small. We honestly left feeling hungry. We politely pointed this out to the waiter who agreed with us that certain dishes were tiny, but no apology was offered from anyone. This may be partly why the whole bar was almost deserted for the whole 3 hours we were there. Not a great night out !

2  Thank TANGOGloucestershire
harehounds, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have recieved a full report from Bar staff regarding a complaint and Head Chef has taken steps to resolve any issue of portion size. I am very sorry that you were not happy with the food you recieved, and am grateful that you mentioned it at the time of your visit. I hope you may decide to give the Bar another try in due course.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had a couple of days leave owed to me so I thought I would visit my favourite Cotswold hotel again.
Upon my arrival I was informed that I had been given a complimentary room upgrade...... the room was superb with views over the gardens.
My stay was very peaceful and relaxing as the hotel was very quiet to the point where I was the only diner that night in the restaurant.
The dinner was truly outstanding, so much so that I asked if the chef could come out to see me so that I could thank him personally.
I will be visiting again in a couple of weeks time and am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Chef was both embarrassed and delighted to be called from his kitchen. Thank you, that was such a morale boost for him. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

From the moment we checked in all the staff we met were so friendly and helpful. The room we had was delightful and extremely comfortable. We stayed in Juniper which was one of the silk wood rooms.
We ate in Jack Hares on our first night and enjoyed a very tasty burger with all the trimmings . Again the staff couldn't do enough to help and service good.
Breakfast both mornings was excellent and all tastes were catered for. Certainly set us up for the day.
We shared an afternoon tea which was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us. The scones were warm and delicious!
We had a lovely few days and would certainly return. Thank you to all the staff - you're great!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It is really good to hear that your experience at the Hare and Hounds was a pleasing one. Thank you for including your thoughts on Jack Hare's Bar, Breakfast and Afternoon Tea. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a wonderful 3 night stay over New Year! From the moment we arrived on the 30th the pampering began...a lovely afternoon tea in a cosy lounge followed by an excellent dinner later on...I'm going to run out of superlatives very quickly! From start to finish the food was great...some very interesting combinations and imaginative presentation. On New Years Eve the evening commenced with champagne and canapes followed by a 7 course dinner, again served with interesting flourishes.....and the main course beef fillet just melted in the mouth. The live music was very good..it was nice to be able to talk without being drowned out, and most people got on to the dance floor...eventually! Midnight was marked by more champagne and a live bagpipe serenade. When the music finished it was nice to retire to the lounge to finish off our drinks in comfort.
The room was very good with a large comfy bed and nice warm bathroom with big bath towels...so many hotels scrimp on them!
Last but by no means least I can't praise the staff highly enough...they made us so welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. This was our first visit but certainly not our last!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that you had a good time during your New Year stay. We try very hard to plan the event from the guests view point, to give the 'Wows' in the right places, and build in quality and fun as well. Food and sevice are clearly paramount, but every small thing matters.Very many thanks for taking the time to write your review, our staff have all been thrilled to read it.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is an excellent hotel just outside of Tetbury with so much to do in the surrounding area. The hotel staff are outstanding - very welcoming and attentive. Our room was cosy with a lovely view over the garden. The highlight of our stay was the evening meal which was superb. Everything was cooked to perfection and an absolute delight. We certainly my plan to return in the spring and highly recommend the Hare and Hounds.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hare and Hounds.
chef and his team are thrilled that you enjoyed their food so much, and are very proud to have a copy of your review up on their kitchen notice board.