The Hare and Hounds Hotel
US$309
The Ormond at Tetbury(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Snooty Fox Hotel(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$210
  • Restaurant
The Priory Inn(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$114
US$100
Travelocity
The Old Bell Hotel(Malmesbury)
US$225
US$218
US$168
Travelocity
Calcot Manor(Calcot)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
1,130 results
All reviewsbeaufort restaurantwestonbirt arboretumsilkwood courtgame keepersgamekeepers cottagemolton brown toiletriesthe main hotelmagnolia suitelovely hotelsublime sundaylovely groundsbusy roadsunday lunchsingle roombetween coursesfine dininglounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Hare & Hounds for one night over the holiday weekend. It was our first visit to this hotel, although we have stayed in other Cotswolds Inns hotels, and find them to be of consistently good quality. We had a "Spring into the Cotswolds" dinner, B&B package. Our room was in the main part of the hotel and was fine - a little "tired", perhaps, but clean and perfectly adequate for a night's stay - I always enjoy using the Molton Brown toiletries in the bathroom! We overlooked the very pretty gardens. We found all staff to be welcoming and friendly. Dinner was maybe a little heavy on the "foam" style of cuisine, but tasty and beautifully presented - my sea-bass was delicious. We had no fewer than 3 amuse bouches and they were delightful - I particularly liked a minty strawberry one. Breakfast was fabulous, as always in Cotswolds Inns - I really like that you can have exactly what you want for the cooked part. All in all we had a lovely stay and it was the perfect location for our visit to the Westonbirt Arboretum, which was truly beautiful. I'm sure it won't be the last time we stay in a Cotswolds Inns hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bb67Nottingham
harehounds, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

It is always a pleasure to welcome a Cotswold Inns 'regular'. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for all the little snippets of information which are so useful to other travellers looking for a relaxing country getaway.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Oh dear. Beautiful hotel. Bar food tasted good. BUT my portion of beef strog more like a childs portion. And service very poor. No smiles or welcoming feel. Didnt ask if we enjoyed our meal. Had to ask for dessert menu. And tried to charge us twice for our drinks. No apology. Very disapointing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Barbara G

Thank you for your review and the observations you have passed on about disappointing service in our bar. I am very sorry indeed to hear that my normally pleasant , hard working team did not meet our own good standards of service, and your review will serve to highlight how very important that personal care and attention is to everyone.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for a family celebration. The hotel team from reception to the waiting staff in the fine dining restaurant could not have done more to make it an exceptional experience. Thoughtful, caring and slick. Free room upgrades and nice touches throughout - all worthy of a 5 star rating.
The bar food is however not up to scratch, and neither is the service in the bar anywhere near as warm and friendly as in the hotel itself, hence a slightly lower rating overall.
Over all though this is a lovely hotel in a great location for exploration and I thoroughly recommend. The award winning breakfasts are exceptional and the public rooms are very pleasantly appointed.

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive make sure you are not road facing - and pack ear plugs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SJR22

Thank you very much for your generous praise for our staff. I am very pleased that you enjoyed most of your experience with us, but disappointed to hear that you found the food in Jack Hare's bar was not up to your expectation. I am very sorry that you didn't find it as welcoming as it should be, and I am grateful for your honest feedback. We have experienced some difficulties, but have moved on and made great efforts to improve things, so I hope you will consider another visit at some time in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had a lovely spacious room, warm welcome, spotlessly clean. Accommodating to our dog who was provided with a bed and water bowl in the room. Great location, close to westernbirt arboretum and Bath. Reception and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Shame about bar meal, very expensive for what it is, good quality simple food but very small portions indeed and rather unimaginative, undercooked chips, Banana parfait pudding was £6.95 and consisted of three slices of banana, with very small slice of parfait. Bar Service reasonable, wouldn't eat there again. Shame. Great hotel for B and B though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
harehounds, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were pleased with your room. We feel that pet dogs are very much part of the family so they are as welcome as our human guests. I appreciate your honest comments regarding the meal you had in our bar, it is feedback which we can use constructively to improve service and value.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Highgrove gardens and stayed in The Hare and Hounds near Tetbury. The visit to Prince Charles gardens was a , most interesting , informative, and well presented experience ( inspite ) of the rain . The Hare and Hounds nearby proved to be an excellent choice for an over night stay . Lovely room , dinner was almost Michelin star good , atmosphere in the bar convivial all round enjoyable weekend

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny A

I am so pleased that you had a good stay and an enjoyable all round experience. As you say, the gardens are very special, so we feel very happy when our guests have combined the tour with a visit to our lovely hotel and found the whole event memorable. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hare and Hounds in the future.