“Traditional and relaxed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tetbury
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Traditional and relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A traditional pub steeped in history in a central position. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room large, providing everything we needed. The jacuzzi bath was a lovely surprise. The food was excellent and the chef a real star; he even went to the trouble to print off a recipe for me! We had the added bonus of being there on April 23rd (St. George's Day) so we were entertained by the Gloucester Morris Men who, after dancing outside, went into the bar for a singing session. Lots of songs to join in with and again, all were very friendly and welcoming. I would certainly stay there again. A good base to explore from. We spent one day in Bath and used the "Park & Ride" which was very easy to find from Tetbury.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at Snooty Fox Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I hope you have had a chance to try the recipe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Snooty Fox for one night on Friday 25 April as a birthday treat. We could not fault the service. The staff could not do enough for you but not in an annoying way. We had a package deal through 'Off Peak Luxury' and was worth every penny (but was a bargain). The food was amazing. We stayed in Room 7. It was a lovely room with a jacuzzi bath. The room had two tiers with a seating area and TV with lovely window seat on one floor and a couple of steps up to the bedroom area and bathroom with another tv and DVD player. Only bad thing I can say is the bed wasn't that comfortable but very minor in comparison to all the other lovely things the hotel has to offer.

We asked for our breakfast to be brought up to our room and this was not a problem at all.

Perfect stay at the Snooty Fox!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachel W
Thank you for your review. Hopefully we will see you again before too long.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Snooty Fox is well worth a visit for a night or several nights. The food and service are outstanding and provide an unforgettable experience. As an American touring England, I found my visit to "The Fox" to be one of the highlights of my visit. I hope to return for one of the special events such as Christmas and I want to stay several days. The area surrounding Tetbury calls for exploration~!! I visited in the spring but I imagine the fall is equally enjoyable. I had seen "The Fox" advertised before I left America and stumbled upon it only by accident as I was enjoying several days driving through the countryside. I had forgotten about the Snooty Fox but when I saw it from my car, I had to stop. What a delightful visit. I long to return to England and the Fox.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the market would be interesting if available.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at Snooty Fox Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for the great review. I hope you can make it back to The Snooty Fox soon.

Carlos Alfaro
Lytham St. Annes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We really enjoyed our overnight stay here - a great location in the centre of Tetbury and a ten minute drive if that to Highgrove Gardens. The staff were both professional and friendly. Our room was a good size, comfortable and very clean. I particularly enjoyed the jacuzzi bath. Dinner and breakfast were both excellent. We hope to return later in the year. Super place!

1 Thank Wickedshoes
Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you back at The Snooty Fox

Carlos Alfaro
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We popped in for lunch on Saturday 12th April about 12.30pm and were met with quite an abrupt unfriendly man in a suit who I assume is the manager and asked about lunch and were ordered to the bar and informed the menu is on the wall. Ok we thought he was having a bad day. We then ordered our food and and some drinks from a man at the bar who must be deaf as we had to repeat our order three times to him and after a short wait in a very busy place a young girl literally threw our food down in front of us and walked off swearing and mumbling under her breath about another table (great to know the staff appreciate their customers). My wife and I looked at each other in shock. The food though was excellent and my wife loved the fish and chips in a frying basket and my steak melted in my mouth and was cooked to perfection. We finished our meals apart from my wife who left a bit of the batter as she was full up. The suited man approached and said was there a problem with the food as we have a new chef which we found weird and told him no tell the new chef it was a fantastic meal. We wanted to say to him about his approach and the way the waitress threw the food at us and swore but he cut us off mid way and walked off. We finished our drinks and watched the same pattern with the waitress and the manager for the next 10 minutes.

We will return just for the food but would probably go else where if greeted by the rude suited manager and the abrupt young waitress we would probably turn around and walk out.

Thank you chef for some great food shame it is let down by poor customer service that we received.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagerSnootyFox, General Manager at Snooty Fox Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of The Snooty Fox. I often read reviews and feel that the writer is unfair on the business but on this occasion you were let down by the service you received at Snooty Fox and for this I must apologise.

As you correctly observed things behind the scene had impacted on the front of house staff and the service sadly we let you down.

I do not know if you are local to Tetbury but please telephone me and allow us to treat you to a complimentary lunch to reassure you it was a rare bad day and that we usually we do smile and enjoy serving our customers.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Snooty Fox, staff were excellent and very helpful. The four poster bed in room 12 is massive and the jacuzzi bath was lovely! A special thanks for Marc who went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Chocolate Brownie and Salted caramel ice cream well worth a taste! Will definitely return to the Snooty Fox. Dave & Sarah

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave R
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a fabulous time. After cycling 36 miles we were able to store our bikes. A luxurious soak in the bath followed by a delicious dinner was great. Fish and chips fantastic. We slept well in large comfy rooms and were well looked after at breakfast which set us up for our cycle home. Thank- you

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janet S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
The Hare and Hounds Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,067 reviews
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot

Been to Snooty Fox Hotel? Share your experiences!