Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Great enchanted Christmas light event

Very enjoyable visit, lights in and amongst the woodland walk, Easy Walking on wide paths... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jaxxse
Chippenham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great evening with Lights

Although a long term member, I haven’t had the opportunity to come to the Forestry Live event... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Peter W

2,130 results
All reviews autumn colours silk wood enchanted christmas forestry commission tree walk treetop walkway gruffalo trail car park japanese maples beautiful trees dog owners half term dogs are allowed annual membership mobility scooter dog walkers lovely place
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked for our entire family (10 people) to meet up and see the Enchanted Forest all decorated for Christmas and completed the ticket purchase in two transactions on my phone. Two days later on checking the dates , I realised I had made a mistake in scrolling for the same time and booked on consecutive days and not all for the Saturday. Since the office was closed I panicked and bought 5 more tickets to ensure we could all go ( £63) & phoned first thing on Monday to explain my mistake. A nice lady understood my dilemma but her supervisor took no prisoners. No refund - hard luck - i shouldn’t have made a mistake. Try and sell them on! I’ve tried but market sites don’t allow me to advertise. An honest mistake which leaves us with a bitter taste before we get there. It had better be good as I’ve spent more than £170 ! Bah humbug Westonbirt Arboretum.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank juliecY4660OJ
Reviewed 1 week ago

Having been twice before, we decided to go again and we booked a 7.40pm trail start time which is the last one of the day. We arrived earlier so that we could get some food before setting off on the trail as previous experience as told us if you wait until the end of the later trial, there is no food left! Having grabbed a bite we set off and although there was a new attraction - lights set to music in one corner, the amount of interaction with the children had diminished - no smoke bubbles that the kids try and reach as they glide over the pathway and the smoke hoop machine was pointing down wards so none of them really got off the ground. Really disappointing to be honest. Also a cup of mulled wine was extortionate - 4 cups cost us £15.20! By the time we finished walking round, the fake snow machine had been stopped and was being packed up as were almost all the attractions included anyone that had been dressed up as part of the activity scene. So we really didn't feel the Christmas vibe - nor felt we got our money's worth this year. We won't be bothering again - sad as it used to be really nice but this year they added a small funfair (at extra cost) and I think they have gone the maximum money route rather than the 'wow' factor it used to be - simple and effective. Shame.

Date of experience: December 2018
3  Thank JulieJames
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely love Westonbirt - perfect for kids, always plenty to look at & different activities to participate in along the way. We walked for over 2 hours and with 2 children under 6, that was an achievement.

However, food is restaurant is nice but very pricey. I opted for a roasted red pepper & mozzarella toastie. What I got was an over cheesy toastie with a touch of red pepper. I like cheese but it was way to much and where had the red pepper gone? For what it was, it was basic. Thrown together. Not cheap either.

Would defiantly recommend taking a picnic with you - if you are on a budget or don’t want to spend a lot. Other than that, kids meal deals are good and there is a good range of food to choose from, including lots of yummy ice cream!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited in mid-November and had missed the last of the maples in colour. There was a little left of the oaks and sweet chestnut colour. Would recommend that the price change to 'off-season' could be felixible and be dropped with the leaf colour. Beautiful place and the planting is obviously amazing, but expensive one off entry when the colour had virtually all gone and you've travelled a distance.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We love it here. Yes you need to remember your membership if you have one but that's just common sense!

Date of experience: November 2018