“Fabulous value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Priory Inn

The Priory Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tetbury
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulous value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed 2 nights in April 2013. Very easy to deal with on the phone when making the booking and we were offered the upgrade to include three course dinner for £20. This offer includes all items on the menu and is simply a fantastic deal. If you went for the most expensive dishes you would be eating for almost half price. Rarely have I seen a menu where I really do want to eat all the dishes but the menu here is just superb, especially if you're a meat eater. Their locally sourced venison and steak are beautiful. Pizzas, freshly made, were delicious (albeit with some non-traditional toppings) especially with local pepperoni and chorizo. A good selection of local beers completed my day. Staff were enthusiastic, interested and attentive: nothing was too much trouble for them. Although a three star hotel the quality of the food makes this a destination hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed Sunday 8th and Monday the 9th of April 2013 Very Friendly Staff and very helpful I stay when Visiting My sister in Tetbury Lovely Clean Hotel nice and warm on a cold day in the Cotswolds Breakfast outstanding I look forward to my next Visit to the Priory I can not speak highly enough of the Staff and Owner Desmond Boles Portsmouth England

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
ivinghoe beacon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked two rooms at the Priory Inn to visit Highgrove gardens and the surrounding area with friends.We were pleasantly surprised with the service and friendliness of all the hotel staff. Other hotels have a lot to learn from the excellent staff and chef at Tedbury Inn .The rooms were well equipped with tea/coffee tray and toiletries ,bed was large and comfortable but if you do need softer pillows ask reception.We ate in the restaurant which is also open to the public therefore you do need to book a table at peak times.The meals we had especially the fish were well cooked ,the hotel uses suppliers from the local area and the pizzas are cooked while you wait. At the moment there is an ongoing landscaping area at the front of the Inn which will look amazing when it is finished. At present there is no garden at the back of the Inn for children but they do cater for children inside. The Inn is walking distance to the small town and there is ample parking.The only negative thing I have to say about our rooms are that the windows were draughty and not easy to open. We enjoyed our time staying at the Priory Inn and look forward to returning when all the refurbishment is finished.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if needed they are very near to reception looking over car park.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I booked the Priory Inn in Feb 2013 as I had a business meeting close by the next day, the hotel was immaculate and staff were very friendly, the room was very nice and they had a bath my favorite, I had very good meal and the range of drinks was good, the breakfast was also very good, the Inn used to be the stables for Priory which now a nursing home, Tetbury is very nice rural town which is worth a visit

Room Tip: check laterooms you get some good deals
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Poolesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I've had 2 recent trips to Tetbury and have stayed at the Hare and the Hounds and now The Priory Inn. For my 3rd trip I'll be back to The Priory Inn but I don't think you can go wrong with either place. I like the ownership at The Priory Inn, I love their vision to buy everything from suppliers within 30 miles. I like the menu, there is good variety and their pizzas are great. I like that the pizza chef and I talked about how to make great pizza dough. I like the atmosphere in the bar and the variety of beer. I like the staff, my cold-water tap did not have sufficient pressure and the maintenance man fixed it immediately and explained to me what was wrong. Service at breakfast is superb, at dinner time it depends on who is serving. The bathrooms are not as nice as The Hare and Hounds but for me it's just a bathroom, this may be more important for some though. The bedroom is large and there is plenty of space to put my stuff and I like that there are just enough pillows on the bed and no more.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AgileScottie
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Arrived on a Friday afternoon to a lovely open fire in the bar/ restaurant. Was greeted by exceptionally friendly staff from the housekeeper to the front of house staff. All aspects of our two night stay was explained to us and all hotel facilities. Our room (11) was really lovely! Plumper pillows would suit me better but the extra large kingsize bed was SO comfy!! The power shower was the best ever in any hotel we've ever been in. the toiletries, etc were all a real treat:-). Best ever towels!
The bar, with local beers, lagers and ciders was really great and definitely no more expensive than local pubs! You must try the Crazy Goat a blend of cider and perry with a real kick! The raspberry and quince liqueurs were splendid too. The home cooked pizzas were just great and were excellent value.
Where to start with breakfasts!! The best locally sourced produce cooked to perfection and the toast (always a test for me) was good!!
All in all, quite possibly the nicest place to stay. Facilities, food and most of all the friendliest and professional staff ever!! 10/10!!

Room Tip: Room 11 great - plenty of room and fab bathroom!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Orange County California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Last summer, I took the whole family with me back to England. The whole family stayed at the Priory and we had a lovely time. I stayed a week longer than my family, as they had to go back to the states, and once again, I was very well taken care of by the entire staff.

Breakfast was included with our stay and it was very delicious. Sometimes when a hotel includes breakfast, it's continental at best, but not the priory. They made me fresh eggs and sausage when ever I asked. They have the best muffins, baked fresh every morning. I like the 30 mile dining philosophy. They only serve food from a 30 mile radius, so you know it's fresh. Cheese too. Oh, and the pizza.... The pizza....... They have a wood fire oven, need I say more?

The beds were comfy, and the room very spacious, especially by European standards.

Once again, I'll be back, if my travels bring me this way.

Room Tip: There are only 14 rooms here, but I've only stayed in room 12, both times. It's spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
Snooty Fox Hotel
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot
BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel

Been to The Priory Inn? Share your experiences!