“Great weekend”
Review of The Priory Inn

The Priory Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tetbury
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at The priory Inn Hotel in Tetbury for two nights in mid October 2013 and really enjoyed it. The staff were very helpful and extremely friendly, a young girl even offered to carry our luggage to our room for me. The food was superb with a good choice of menue. I recommend this hotel highly and we hope to return next spring.

Room Tip: We were in room 11, very nice only slight negative was the bathroomthough adequate is very small.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Booked a Sunday night stay for my partner's birthday. The tariff was £100 which included an immaculately clean room with a large, comfortable bed, 3 courses (unlimited choice) from the restaurant menu and live music in the bar.
The food was excellent
The staff were helpful and efficient
The location was brilliant for exploring the Bristol/The Cotswolds
Excellent hotel - can't recommend it highly enough.

Thank you all at the Priory Inn.

Ben and Lee

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Despite a few niggles we had a good stay at the Priory Inn and recommend it to anyone. Service at reception was slow in coming but as the hotel explains, as a 14-bed hotel its staff do several jobs and may be busy in the bar or restaurant, getting to you when they can...

Our room was well appointed with tea making facilities, biscuits and two bottles of still mineral water provided, which helped us feel welcome.

We booked via a bookings agent online and got a great rate which made this visit better value.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Took advantage of the Autumn Delicious offer of dinner, bed, breakfast and tickets to Westonbirt Arboretum. First impression of the Priory was positive - attractively laid out frontage. Evening meal and breakfast were both of an exceedingly high quality - plenty of choice, well presented by pleasant, cheerful staff. The fact that food is locally sourced and providers named added to the whole environmental ethos of the inn.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at the Priory Inn last Sunday and were very impressed with the standard of our room. It was quite spacious by today's standards, there were ample tea and coffee making supplies, and toiletries provided in the bathroom.
The staff at recepton and in the restaurant are very friendly and they really made us feel welcome.
We were on an Autumn deal which included dinner. Here The Priory really came into it's own. We had one of the best restaurant meals we have ever had and we highly recommend it. They use fresh local produce and it shows.
If we're in the area again we will certainly use The Priory.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the Priory to attend a local wedding. Service from arrival until my departure was friendly prompt and efficient. I really enjoyed my stay, the hotels food being the highlight which is all sourced within 30 miles of the hotel. (They mean local farms, not the supermarkets in that range)

Amazing muffins for the breakfast. The best muffins I have ever had, anywhere, ever. The main breakfast was also top notch. Hotel is lovely inside with exposed beams and period features. Room is of a good size and beautifully decorated. Towels were fluffy and luxurious. Hotel even included a "forgotten anything?" bag which includes anything from an ablutions category you may have forgotten. Cheap for what you get. £90 a night for this quality in this location is superb value for money. For some reason the review asked me to rate the non existent pool, once clicked I can't remove it, so rated 5 stars to avoid pulling down the stats. Sorry about that, review fail..

Room Tip: The room I was given was amazing and I did not request anything in particular. It was also the cheap...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed for one night on Sunday October 6th before a booked tour to Highbury the next day. I was greeted and treated in a very professional manner at the front desk and was pleasantly surprised with my room, it had more than the usual for pub style accomodation (which was what I had been expecting). It was great to have ample supplies for tea and coffee and also lovely locally made shortbread in my spacious room(for one person the bed could have slept three!) and an iron and ironing board is what you always get in Australia but not often in the UK. The bathroom was smallish, but fine for me and the towels were large and fluffy and the toiletries were good.

I must say that the service in the restaurant was terrific, one of the Australians who had been on reception when I checked in was also doing bar and waitressing duties, how versatile are the staff? My French waiter knew his stuff and the roast chicken and accompaniments were perfect, I couldn't have eaten pudding after that. I slept well and had a fabulous breakfast the next day, perfectly cooked. I would be pleased to return again and recommended the Priory Inn to a couple I met later in the day for its great value for money and being perfect for a stay in a delightful town.

Incidentally I travel and stay in a lot of hotels all over the world, especially now I am retired and worked in large London hotels in the past and still do special contract catering jobs to keep my hand in. Well done the Priory Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
The Ormond at Tetbury
#1 of 1 in Horsley
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot

Been to The Priory Inn? Share your experiences!