Travelocity
eDreams
StayForLong
Destinia.com
All reviews pizza steak lovely meal cooked to perfection stayed for one night antique shops evening meal full english the pub menu cotswolds waitress cider prosecco cream baby ales
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2016

My wife and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary with a visit to see the Gardens at Highgrove, a trip my wife has always wanted to make. We booked into the Priory Inn on Monday 5th September ready for our visit to Highgrove on our anniversary on 6th September. The hotel is on the A433 just outside the main Tetbury town centre and is only 10 minutes from Highgrove. Our room was clean and comfortable with all the usual facilities; the tea tray included a selection of teas including Earl Grey and also complimentary biscuits. The restaurant has a policy of sourcing food from within a 30 mile radius; the menu is varied and with good sized portions. This is obviously a popular eating place for the locals; on each night we were there there was at least one party of eight or more being catered for. A busy restaurant (I would say that booking is essential) with a well stocked bar and an excellent local bitter! The full English breakfast was one of the best I have encountered.

As it was our anniversary I made some extra requests as a surprise for my wife; these were accommodated with no problem and carried out to my entire satisfaction by the well trained and friendly staff. An anniversary to remember!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

This was a very pleasant surprise. Easy to locate, good parking and plenty of space between tables. The food was varied, local and was complimented with a story explaining where the food had been produced.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2016

At a price of £180 for a night, this is not a cheap place to stay. Double room / bathroom very small and bed very hard. Food OK, but the welcome at Reception and follow up service (excepting waiting staff, who were good) was arrogant, if not simply rude...

Not a place I would stay in again

Room tip: go to another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank John W
TLK1, Owner at The Priory Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

As owners, we do not make it a policy to comment on reviews. We ask every customer about their experiences both verbally on check out and with a customer survey in the room. We hope that our guests feel comfortable enough to discuss any issues with us. Almost all of our reviews state we are warm and friendly and we do our best to resolve any situation or shortcomings immediately with our guests.

On the very rare occasion when we do get a less than perfect review, we try to learn from them to continuously improve our product. However, in this case, our hard working staff feel that there are patent inaccuracies in this review and they doubt its veracity.

We have never charged £180 for any double room we offer. Our highest rate is £175 for a package which includes an unrestricted choice of three courses from our normal menu as well as a full English breakfast. We believe and are frequently told by guests that this is excellent value.

Sometimes our bed and breakfast rates are not available on weekends as most of our guests come to enjoy the fantastic locally sourced food we offer. Often, guests who merely wish to attend a wedding in the area book this rate simply to obtain a room. They forego the three course meal as they are eating at the wedding. This is what I believe happened with this guest and is perhaps why he cannot recognise the great value for money our rooms are.

Our beds are Hypnos Evesham which are high quality five star mattresses. You can easily Google the specifications. Perhaps this guest is used to low quality mattresses, because the vast majority of our guests love them and often ask us where they can purchase them. Our rooms are comfortable, well equipped and very clean.

As a small business, the people who look after reception are the very same people who provide the service in the restaurant. I do not believe that they are arrogant in reception and then provide good service in the dining room. This just does not fit - read countless other tripadvisor reviews to make a balanced judgement about the excellence of our team.

The key things to take away from this response is:
1) don't pay for a three course meal and then go to a wedding - find a bed factory who do not care about drunken behaviour.
2) you will have a better stay if you address any concerns directly with the owners/management rather than scurrying home to tap out a review on-line.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Went there for dinner after dropping off our daughter in the town for a friends wedding.
Very clean and tidy.
Love the attention to detail that makes all the difference, my beer was served in a chilled glass. Nothing worse than served beer in a beer glass warm to touch, fresh from the dishwasher.
Even the bottled water is bought to the table in pre-chilled bottle coolers, keeping it cool to the last glass full.
They have a proper pizza oven and preparation area in the bar. So you can see your pizza being made from start to finish. The pizza tasted great, just wish I had room for dessert.
All the food is locally sourced, great for the local economy and freshness.
Did not stay the night hence no sleep quality rating.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed here whilst attending a wedding. From the very first moment I stepped in to check in I felt a lovely warmth of welcome.

We were booked in for a family room and we certainly got that and more. With 2 separate rooms 1 with single beds in for the kids and a room for us adults and young toddler it was set up perfectly. We even noticed that there was almost a personal touch with teddy bears left on the kids beds and toys and books a plenty. There was nothing missing in terms of there was more than expected even a bottle washer and wipes etc. This little hotel was beyond our expectations and if we ever have to stay in Tetbury again we will most definitely stay here.

Breakfast was just fantastic with our own table set up waiting for our arrival. With a mixture of cereals and fresh fruit already out. Cooked breakfast was made to order which is personally how I prefer it and it was cooked to perfection.

Overall this hotel gets my seal of approval and I would not hesitate to recommend to any friends.

Date of stay: August 2016