Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pizza steak lovely meal cooked to perfection stayed for one night antique shops evening meal full english the pub menu cotswolds waitress cider prosecco cream baby ales
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

In 2017 you would expect to have some good vegetarian options from a place like this for a Sunday roast. We wrongly chose to eat a Sunday roast here and I ended up having a pizza. More than disappointing all be it a good pizza just not what I wanted. Get a veggie option for Sundays on your menu. If you can order a lactose intolerant skinny double shot latte then a veggie option for a Sunday roast is surely not a tall ask. For this reason and this reason only I view the place terrible. One lost customer sadly and all because of the menu. I hope to hear back from someone informing me that a veggie option is now available and to welcome me back so I can revert back to the positive review I left before! Sort it out Priory :-)

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank 111111james
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The room was clean - very important. Sound insulation was poor - I could hear the chap next door coughing through the night. He could probably hear me sneezing! The little fridge was unexpected but very welcome - kept a bottle of wine chilled for after dinner. Why don't more hotels offer this? Plenty of hot water. *Very* hot. They could probably save some money by turning the boiler thermostat down without affecting service offered... Great that there was a bath in the bathroom.

The restaurant was another matter. The menu was basically burgers or pizzas with a few other options such as fish and chips (!). The starters seemed to me very over-priced and of limited appeal. No traditional starters such as pate or whitebait. What was really annoying was the price of the wine. Given that the menu was very modest why would anyone want to spend £25 to £39 for a bottle of wine to go with their chicken burger? Only the house white (not specified) at £17.50 and a very average Chilean sauvignon blanc at £18.50 (which we had) and then everything was very much dearer. Service slow. Dried food on the cutlery which was a turn-off. The all-in breakfast was disappointing. Very anaemic looking eggs and the bacon more so, and so thin that had it been any thinner I could have seen the plate below! Sausage (just the one) was OK, but the toast was burnt black in places...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Evening meal of Black cajun cod was the fish supper I've tasted, yumm. The breakfast was all locally sourced and delicious. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and all needs catered to. Really great! Oh, and comfortable pillows!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Fee T
Reviewed 25 February 2017

My partner and I stayed at the Priory Inn one Valentine's night. We had been before so knew we'd enjoy our stay. The service we received on reception was very good. The room was clean and the meal at night was superb. Overall it was a very nice break and would definitely return. Thank you to all who made us feel very welcome.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Comfortable accommodation. Excellent food and a great choice. The highlight- top class staff, friendly, accommodating and courteous. "A little Cotswold gem".
Our bolt hole. Will definitely be visiting again, and again.

Room tip: Hotel ratings should read excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple