“A great 3 night stay”

The Ormond at Tetbury
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tetbury
Reviewed 29 November 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Ormond in Tetbury from Wednesday 21st for three nights.We stayed in room15 a superior room with a sofa,nice and quiet. A fantastic room,truly romantic with great decor. A wonderful and charming hotel with a brilliant atmosphere and great food in the restaurant/bar, Starter, Duck pancake roll (£6.95) i had the best beef burger ever (£10.95) my husbands pheasant (£15.95) on a rosti was out of this world. At breakfast, my husband had eggs benedict/royale and they where perfect (fantastic chef).
Service was impeccable,staff very friendly and hardworking.
They have a great outdoor area which i am sure would be buzzing in good weather and a place where i could image my self settling there all night with the wine flowing after a good meal.
Great location for Cotswolds and Bath, no on site parking but free (safe) parking 5 mins away, no problem.

Room Tip: Room 15 very nice and quiet with sofa and fantastic power shower in very modern bathroom, no bath.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This was my second stay at the Ormond in the last 6 months. I have business in that area of England and had stayed first at another hotel in Tetbury, but returned to the Ormond this time because of a great experience there on my last trip (from Boston). Everything about the Ormond made my business trip feel like a vacation. It is located right in the middle of winding, picturesque Long Street, surrounded by interesting shops. The hotel buildings date from the 1600's and my room, a renovated stable block, was beautiful and well-appointed, with a sitting area and all modern conveniences (there is free WiFi). The owner and staff are outgoing and very friendly. As an example of how helpful they are, the manager loaned me an iPhone charger when my U.S. one wouldn't fit the U.K. outlet. I also want to single out the Ormond's food as a highlight of my stay-- it's excellent. High points included the rib-eye, a local cheeseboard, a great sticky toffee dessert, and the best, most tender venison I've ever had.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

As a member of a group of 6 septuagenarian golfers we chose the Ormond in Tetbury as our headquarters. It was an ideal choice and central to numerous first class courses.
We found the bedrooms comfortable,clean and full of character. Food was well prepared with a particularly good dinner menu.
Most importantly the staff were both efficient and friendly and went out of their way to be helpful at all times.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I am a regular visitor to the Ormond and I appreciate the genuine and friendly service I get there. The menu is varied and caters for a wide range of budgets, starting from a 2-course lunch for £10. Food can be eaten in the (often buzzing) bar or the more civilised dining room. There is a good range of beers, lagers and ciders (counting towards your 5 a day!). Most importantly, service is efficient and genuine thanks to "proper" bar staff who approach their jobs with professionalism. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My partner and myself stayed at the Ormond in Tetbury this saturday.We stayed in the stable room,Oh my god,it was exquisite,A fantastic room,truly romantic with great decor.Wonderful and charming.Brilliant food in the restaurant in the evening,and a fantastic breakfast,I had eggs benedict and it was perfect.
Service was impeccable,very friendly,in fact we were able to check in near enough as soon as we arrived at lunchtime.
The only tiny grumble I have is not having a fire on in the wonderful fire place in the reception and/or the bar.That was a real shame.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here at the Ormond as a surprise for me before I go into hospital. The hotel is on the main street with no parking but there is parking nearby which was not really a problem for us, although being a boutique hotel some may find this an issue. A tip would be to drop off your bags and then go and park. Our room was room 11, a superior room, and although a little small, was beautifully appointed. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and lovely and warm. The bathroom a good size too. We ate an evening meal in the dining room and the food was beautifully cooked. All options around the menu were carefully explained and the food presented really well. Breakfast was lovely........a good range to choose from and again beautifully cooked. The central location is a real bonus as it is good to explore the town of Tetbury. We did not find any problems with the staff as others have mentioned..in fact they went out of their way to be of help when we required it. Everywhere in the hotel was beautifully clean and there was great attention to detail. We would certainley stay there again and would recommend it to anyone wishing to visit this part of the country.

Room Tip: Our room was lovely and quiet overlooking the courtyard. However this was October so there was no-on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I ate at the Ormond for the first time yesterday. The bar area is really lovely, comfortable and warm with a good atmosphere. The food and the service however, were not great. The staff forgot to bring our nibbles (which we ordered because we were going to have to eat later than anticipated), which was a little annoying. Once we had ordered our mains, the (unfortunately) inevitable happened - the food arrived before the cutlery. A bit of attention to detail wouldn't go amiss. The food was OK, but could have been presented bit better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
Snooty Fox Hotel
Stonehouse Court
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse
Best Western Mayfield House Hotel

Been to The Ormond at Tetbury? Share your experiences!