“A beauty, it was worth the wait!”

Trouble House Cafe Bar
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Tetbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
South Devon, United Kingdom
“A beauty, it was worth the wait!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I live locally for the last twelve years, and have struggled to find somewhere locally with ambience, good food, and attentive staff. My hat goes off to you all at The Trouble House, you scored the hat trick for me! I'd taken the the precaution of pre booking and just as well because although we were early diners the place was full by time we left. The lovely Claire and Sally served us, really friendly, and absolutely nothing was to much trouble, made you feel right at home, and everything carefully explained. They genuinely cared, and made a real effort to welcome. It was right down to when we left Claire called across from the other side of the restaurant 'Goodnight' wished me well and used my christian name too, I was amazed and genuinely touched, I eat out on average four times a week and this was the first time ever that this had happened, The food is all homemade on site, to a very high standard, and every mouthful was divine, I could not fault it. I shall definitely be back, and this for me is my Number One favourite eatery! Other establishments need to take note what good customer service, and superb cuisine is all about, as The Trouble House has it for me!

1 Thank ExecutiveGypsy2013

• Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
“The New Gem in the Cotswold”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were visiting family in the Cotswold today and were introduced to the Trouble House by my brother, for lunch. We hadn't booked, but were very lucky to arrive as 4 people were leaving, that's not the norm apparently, and booking is always advisable. Those that followed us were not so lucky.
The Trouble House ticked all the boxes for us, Good menu, Good service, and very friendly Staff, Oh, and the Uley Real Ale was the icing on the cake.
I understand the restaurant hasn't been opened too long, but it's reputation has already spread around the Cotswolds.
Remember, if you wish to dine at this gem, book in advance.

1 Thank Brilyn8
Rickmansworth, Herts. UK
“Well worth a visit for food and wine”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Trouble House is a cosy and well decorated "gastro pub" with really very good food and above average wine list. The staff are exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I phoned up quote late on a busy Badminton weekend and they managed to accommodate our party of 4. Would definitely recommend this place for dinner.

Visited May 2014
Sherston, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic night, fantastic friendly service and amazing food, limited menu but enough to choose from.
Would definitely go back again and would recommend most strongly.

1 Thank Graham S
Tetbury, United Kingdom
“Dinner last Saturday”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We are local and came with friends from Devon and Scotland and had the happiest evening. We found a relaxed ambience, delightful staff and delicious dinner, fresh, beatifully prepared and served. It ticked all the boxes and the only reason for not recommending it would be that I don't want to find it is fully booked next time I want a table !

5 Thank Hbonline