“Delicious Dinner But Save Room for Dessert!”

Trouble House Cafe Bar
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Tetbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Trouble House is located just north of Tetbury, alongside the busy A433 to Cirencester. I couldn't say how many times over the years we've driven past at 60 mph without giving the place a second thought - until recently. We stopped on impulse, desperate for coffee and were persuaded to try co-owner Sally David's cake. That did it! We've now been three times in the space of a month, despite living 30-40 mins drive away.

Each time we've been impressed, whether by coffee and the excellent, home-made cake, a weekday lunch, Sunday lunch or Saturday evening dinner. Our most recent trip was for dinner on a gloriously sunny summer evening. We sat outside in the little courtyard at the back of the cafe, distracted by the traffic on the A433, it's true, but it wasn't so loud that we couldn't enjoy a conversation.

We have two dogs and, had it been too cold or wet to eat outside, we could have taken them into the bar, where there are several tables in a dog-friendly area.

The Trouble House is open for lunch from Tuesday-Sunday but for dinner only on Fridays & Saturdays.

My sirloin steak was cooked rare, as requested, and was delicious. Chef patron Mariusz Dziamski sources his meat locally and we haven't been disappointed yet. The rocket was served with sliced, fresh horseradish - brilliant decision!

I couldn't really justify having a dessert but, on our previous visit, for Sunday lunch, I had the best lemon meringue pie.... ever, so knew I'd be missing out if I declined. Consequently, I ordered the lemon cheesecake on a ginger crust and am sure I've never eaten a better one!

The service is friendly and, although booking is not required, it is recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff here were very helpful, and had my prebooked table ready. Thoroughly good experience, and very easy to find as well.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

After a very dissapointing experiance at the Whistle Stop Cafe, we were told to come here for lunch and it was brilliant! .. we will be back next time we are in Tetbury!

1  Thank juliecox667
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family for a get together and decided we'd have afternoon tea. However, this is like nothing I have had before.
The sandwiches were absolutely devine and just when you think it couldn't get any better out come the cakes!
The scones were super tasty, no doubt about
them being fresh and homemade, they were beautiful. The cake selection was a whole new world of WOW! We were all fightimg over the last bit of brownie.
Last but not least we were served brandy snaps, I had never tried them before but I am so grateful that my first taste was here.
Amazing friendly staff and relaxing environment. We will be back!

1  Thank EpilepticBlogger
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Yet another fabulous, delicious meal in such delightful surroundings. Always the warmest of welcomes.

1  Thank Rachel W