“Not as good as it thinks it is”
Review of The Snooty Fox

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Tetbury
Price range: US$69 - US$69
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Snooty Fox has to be the penultimate cosy Cotswolds local. Every detail from its roaring open fires, comfy window seats and original floorboards to its wood-panelled walls are the epitome of British bonhomie, and the bar even has a resident Great Dane called Fred. The restaurant at The Snooty Fox is ideal for Sunday lunches and romantic tables for two, and the modern British menu is complimented by the real ales, ciders and wines available. Star dishes at the Snooty Fox include the Brixham fish pie with prawns, mussels, cheesy mash and veg; the duck breast with caramelised red onion potato cakes, greens and plum sauce; and the bubble and squeak with streaky bacon and a fried egg.
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Looks the part and a good looking menu but the food is very disappointing - frozen chips and plastic ham for high end pub prices. Don't be fooled.

2  Thank HiBillyOliver
Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your review. For legal reasons I confirm that the chips are not frozen. Naturally we believe we offer good Ham egg and chips but obviously these fell short of you expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Snooty Fox.

There are newer reviews for The Snooty Fox

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying at the Snooty Fox for two nights and since we arrived rather late we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant.

Located towards the back of the hotel and behind the pub is a very nice restaurant. Nice wood floors, paneled walls and window seats. Its a very attractive setting.

The dinner menu is a mix of traditional pub fair and more modern offerings using local ingredients. I was just going to have the bangers and mash but they were out. (I assume out of bangers and not the mash.) Instead I had the salmon cakes with chips and my wife had the Sea Bass. The sea bass was spot on and nicely executed. My salmon fishcakes were unspectacular. It seemed as if there may not have been enough salmon in the mix and the seasoning was a bit bland. The chips were nicely done.

Service was good so no complaints there. Overall very good.

Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Snoot Fox.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

After a few bad meals at various pubs we wanted to try a nicer pub. We went here but all I can say it was "average" overpriced average food. I think they are trying to be higher class but not yet delivering.

1  Thank Summer S

Thank you for your review. I will pass it on to the chef as average is not good enough.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were in Tetbury for a wedding locally and had booked to stay at York House Bed & Breakfast. The owner suggested we drop by the Snooty Fox which is a short walk away for drinks and supper. Had a great time and both the staff and food were great.

Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your review. It always nice to get positive feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Popped in for a late lunch,having eaten here before. Despite the sign indicating food all day, we were advised no hot food, but they could do sandwiches. We elected Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato on brown bread. I asked if they could do the bacon, barkeep checked, and 'Yes, it's precooked crisp bacon for the salads, but it won't be hot'. So we had 2 ginger beers,(one of us was tired, the other driving), two BLT's and the bill was just under £20.
When they eventually arrived the bread was stale, the lettuce gritty, the tomato - was one slice of a large tomato per sandwich and the bacon was disgusting . Three slices of fat streaky bacon, hardly looked cooked, still with rind like shoe laces. The bread was spread with some white substance containing garlic. We left most of this, and the barkeep studiously refused to meet my eyes as I tried to make contact as we were leaving. This place has really gone downhill.

1  Thank AuntDahlia
Tetbury-food-lover, General Manager at The Snooty Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

When it rains it pours. Firstly let me apologise for your experience. The reason a full menu was not available was I had called a meeting to address service issues the previous day that had come about as a result of a lack of communication. If the member of staff had answered your eye contact this could have been rectified.

If you would like to E-Mail me with your name and address I will organise a refund to be sent.