Lords of the Manor Hotel
US$174
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
US$290
US$124
Travelocity
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$176
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
Hotwire.com
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Hotels.com
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$212
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$161
US$155
1,151 results
All reviewsmichelin startasting menulower slaughterafternoon teadiscretionary service chargeon arrivalthe general managermacaroonsbirthday treata la carte menubeautiful hotelspecial occasionupgraded roomcountry housedrawing roomlovely groundsan upgrade
Reviewed 23 April 2014

a dream location in the countryside, from the very first minute you feel pampered and relaxed, your breath slows and you feel connected with the greenery landscape
My room was more like a flat in London with great views, very cosy with a warmth feeling
The restaurant is a Michelin's star with stunning food
Bring a book and enjoy this great place

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary weekend and settle upon Lords of the Manor. I visited Sunday 30th March, and got very lucky with the weather. On a glorious day you'll be hard pushed to find anywhere better!
We arrived ahead of check-in time, warmly greeted by the staff who unpacked our luggage to store and drove the car to be parked. We were given a map of the area for a walk to pass the time and a pair of wellies each to save our shoes (a nice touch)! We walked to the nearby Slaughter's Country Inn which was basked in sunshine and very pleasant - thoroughly recommended!
Back at Lords of the Manor we indulged in champagne afternoon tea, which was exceptional and, as always, with fantastic service.
The room was well equipped, with an extremely comfortable bed. It couldn't be faulted.
We were given a complimentary glass of champagne when we were invited down for canapes, before being taken through for dinner - which was exceptional!
All in all this was a fantastic way to spend our first anniversary. It's not cheap, but then it's understandable why - the staff are superb and it will not be cheap to A) have so many working that no one seems too rushed or over-burdened, and B) to cover the wages of their dedication to service excellence. They were all a credit to the hotel, especially the lady who seemed to be running things during the day and whose name escapes and accent I couldn't pinpoint - she was phenomenal.
Superb from start to finish. And worth every penny!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a wonderful night here and could not fault it. We were upgraded to the best room and had a lovely view of the grounds and a quiet and very comfortable night. The service lifts this place up to the level of the best hotels. Complimentary champagne with the canapés, the greeting when we arrived, fresh milk brought immediately for the in room tea bar, the friendly waiters- everything contributed to a most relaxing stay.
The dinner was very good and I enjoyed my cheese course with three samples of wines to accompany the different varieties!
Excellent eggs and sausage at breakfast. The bacon was a little undercured, but that was a tiny quibble.
We will definitely be returning, perhaps for their classic car package. My husband is 70 next year and it would be a lovely treat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Back here again again a long time, it was once owned by a dear friend and the grounds and staff are still very good. I founds the standards had dropped somewhat in the house, not as pristine as in previous visits and perhaps a refurb is planned ? It needs it is many places.

If you expect 5 star sorry this is not it, but 5 star prices.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed with my wife and one of many meals we have enjoyed in the bar or restaurant. I have stayed in many hotels in the UK and overseas during my business career and although I am now retired, this is probably the best for location, quality of service and food. Never miss the opportunity to stay and eat here, you will not be disappointed. I can't recommend this establishment highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple