Lords of the Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
Dial House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
Chester House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
  • Restaurant
Fosse Manor Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
View Hotel
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
  • Breakfast included
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
View Hotel
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)
1,142 results
All reviewsmichelin startasting menulower slaughterafternoon teadiscretionary service chargeon arrivalthe general managermacaroonsbirthday treata la carte menubeautiful hotelspecial occasionupgraded roomcountry housedrawing roomlovely groundsan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have now stayed at the Lords of the Manor three times and each time seems to be better than the last, even though it was hard to top my previous stay at Christmas time. The dining is wonderful; the service is casual, yet impeccable, and the rooms are comfy, like staying at a favorite well-to-do Aunt's country home. The Sommelier is very knowledgeable and pairs wine perfectly with the offered courses. For a real treat, let him recommend small glasses of wine to go with three cheeses in the cheese course.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank menardjayne
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Lovely rural location and very very relaxing! If you want rowdy pubs this isn't for you! If you love beautiful countryside, long walks, quaint villages and lovely food this is definitely a hidden gem!

The staff were lovely and couldn't do more to help. The hotel manager was even happy to help us with our bags in the pouring rain!!

We stayed one night mid week and booked last minute. The second we pulled up Andy was there to take our bags and show us to our room. The room was clean and airy and despite other reviews I definitely could smell dogs!

We received a free upgrade from the set menu to the a la carte menu and although the food wasn't exactly to my taste (and this is an entirely personal preference thing) it was an experience and there were elements that were mind blowing. The restaurant staff are attentive without being intrusive and extremely knowledgable.

All in all a very enjoyable stay despite the English weather !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LH2222
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our first stay at Lords of the Manor hotel and my husband and I stayed for our anniversary celebrations over the Easter weekend and had such a wonderful stay we couldn't fault it.
Right from booking our reservation over the telephone through to our departure was met with the utmost professionalism we have experienced.
The Lords of the Manor staff helped me organise taxis to and from the rail station, special dietary requirements that the talented kitchen staff took in their stride making sure we didn't miss out on their Michelin starred cuisine and a special congratulations plate.
The hotel is situated in such perfect surroundings that are beautiful and peaceful and totally relaxing which was just what we both needed. The food was outstanding, we had the tasting menu on Saturday and the Alc on Sunday, both we equally top quality and we couldn't fault the food or the waiters knowledge of the menu. I have to say as well the scones are the best I've had!!

Our room was also exceptional, we were upgraded on arrival to - thank you - large, spacious and we loved the bathroom.

Thank you to all the staff, you made our weekend very special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for one night recently for an early Easter break and as on previous occasions had a wonderful and restful time.

The staff are excellent. Very friendly and helpful without being at all intrusive. Both dinner and breakfast were delicious and we will certainly be back as soon as we can. Cannot recommend highly enough. If you like gardens we especially enjoyed a visit to near Kifsgate Court - even better than its neighbour Hidcote.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peterblake
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here couple of years ago. The place was fantastic, full of hospitality and very good food and wines. I still remember the moment I was chatting with my girlfriend (now my wife) sitting on the bench in front of the place under the moon, bugs singing around us.
I had bitter experiences being in Cotswold facing some light "discrimination" (this is something you sometime have in a part of UK, especially in a suburban area, so you got to get used to it....) but this place totally eased the pain with warm welcome and treat.
Btw, the amenities they have were all L'Occitane back then.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple